The Negatives of POE (subjective)

POE is a really good game and GGG are an excellent company. But all games have their negatives.

So by saying that, I wanted to make a thread and ask:

What are the negatives about this game in your opinion?

(PS: I mean this in a completely constructive matter, no bashing me please =))
WOOOOO_NESS_OF_DOOM!!!!!
Last edited by Nightblaze1 on Jul 14, 2011, 3:24:34 AM
I will start by saying the negatives for me are:

1. No character customisation in terms of gender choice, skin colour, hair style... etc.

2. The game isn't out yet!!!! How long do we have to wait for a proper Diablo clone to be released... I honestly do not want to get a Diablo clone when Diablo 3 comes out lol.

3. I haven't seen much variety in the different classes, from only what i have seen, all the classes seem to play almost exactly the same. (This is from only what i have seen.)
WOOOOO_NESS_OF_DOOM!!!!!
Expressing how excited we are about the game and the things we have seen so far is not sucking up. There would even be no reason to suck up--there is nothing to gain. Those of us who congratulate GGG for what we have seen so far, simply reassure GGG that they are heading in the right direction. I don't know how much you've read on these forums, but a lot of us have been asking questions regarding the game, because we don't know everything yet. There are a ton of suggestion polls and threads. If we are praising something, it's because we are happy with that part of game, and the only reason we know the details is because the alpha testers and developers informed us of them. I am sure there are many negative things, but that's why the the game is in Alpha stage. It's hard to point out negative things, because majority of us are not playing the game. We don't even know how many changes are currently being made. None ofus, except the testers can constructively answer your question.
"Life is a tragedy when seen in close-up, but a comedy in long-shot." - Charlie Chaplin
Last edited by bkboggy on Jul 14, 2011, 2:59:07 AM
"
Nightblaze1 wrote:

1. No character customisation in terms of gender choice, skin colour, hair style... etc.

2. The game isn't out yet!!!! How long do we have to wait for a proper Diablo clone to be released... I honestly do not want to get a Diablo clone when Diablo 3 comes out lol.

3. I haven't seen much variety in the different classes, from only what i have seen, all the classes seem to play almost exactly the same. (This is from only what i have seen.)

There's no character customization in any top down arpg I have ever played.

Theres alot of different things in poe that make it different from d2 so dont call it a clone unless you're some kind of retard. LOL HALO IS A CLONE OF COD COZ ITS A FPS WITH GUNZ (I dont like either)

Havent seen much variety in class's? Thats the point... their more builds than class's.

Cheaper than free... Speedtree
"
bkboggy wrote:
Expressing how excited we are about the game and the things we have seen so far is not sucking up. There would even be no reason to suck up--there is nothing to gain. Those of us who congratulate GGG for what we have seen so far, simply reassure GGG that they are heading in the right direction. I don't know how much you've read on these forums, but a lot of us have been asking questions regarding the game, because we don't know everything yet. There are a ton of suggestion polls and threads. If we are praising something, it's because we are happy with that part of game, and the only reason we know the details is because the alpha testers and developers informed us of them. I am sure there are many negative things, but that's why the the game is in Alpha stage. It's hard to point out negative things, because majority of us are not playing the game. We don't even know how many changes are currently being made. None ofus, except the testers can constructively answer your question.

You my friend have just contradicted yourself by stating that I haven't been doing much forum reading. You obviously have not seen all the positive feed back (sucking up) I have contributed in many forums. I am not in any means saying that this game is bad, in any way. The exact opposite is evident, I am in love with this game and haven't even played it yet. As I said in the first post, this is a constructive thread, if you have nothing to add to the theme of the thread than please don't add anything.

I don't mean to offend anyone by using the term "sucking up" as I use it in the most friendly manner I can. All I mean is that I want to know of the other negative things that people think about this game thus far.

As you can see from my previous post, I am merely stating my opinion on what I know of SO FAR. I can be 100% certain that my opinion about all the things I have stated above will change on the games release. So do not take anything here to heart, please.
WOOOOO_NESS_OF_DOOM!!!!!
"
Rustychops wrote:
"
Nightblaze1 wrote:

There's no character customization in any top down arpg I have ever played.

Theres alot of different things in poe that make it different from d2 so dont call it a clone unless you're some kind of retard. LOL HALO IS A CLONE OF COD COZ ITS A FPS WITH GUNZ (I dont like either)

Havent seen much variety in class's? Thats the point... their more builds than class's.

Just because you haven't seen any character customisation in any arpg you have played does not mean they can't implement this functionality.

It is a clone of D2 in my OWN opinion.

Yes, the builds is a real positive of this game, but I feel as all the classes can acquire the same builds as any other.
WOOOOO_NESS_OF_DOOM!!!!!
Im not taking anything to heart. Im merely stating you're statements were badly thought up.

Yes any class can go use any other skill. If they spec and gear right they can make interesting builds out of this feature. Thats the whole point.
Cheaper than free... Speedtree
Last edited by Rustychops on Jul 14, 2011, 3:19:19 AM
Contradiction would me stating that the earth is round and later stating that it's flat. Don't bash people without thinking over your comments.

As for my post, it's my response to your pointless thread and attempt to put down all those who enjoy what GGG has acconplished thus far.
"Life is a tragedy when seen in close-up, but a comedy in long-shot." - Charlie Chaplin
I really do not mean to put down anyone... so I have made some changes to allow for a more discussion based thread (my original goal) rather than a bashing thread.

Sorry bkboggy for insulting you in any way.
WOOOOO_NESS_OF_DOOM!!!!!
No worries, you never made any direct insults.

I do hope that when the game goes open and a larger number of players are not happy with certain things, GGG will be receptive as they are right now.
Last edited by bkboggy on Jul 14, 2011, 3:36:08 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info