I predict...

...a reduction in time intervals of the beta invite timer, or/and a new method to bring in close beta members as we draw closer to open beta, be it next month or more. (or less, who knows)

Simply because of the eventual opening of new servers after they determine their server capacity limits. Since beta testing isn't only about founding bugs, but making sure they will handle the freakish number of members when open season(sorry, beta) start. Among other things of coarse.

It happened at Jade Dynasty closed beta two years ago. And the last month before its open beta, keys where literally everywhere on the net.

It won't go by the same proportions here(or it will?) since JD developer is a bigger corporate. All respect to indie developers. Still they simply will face the same issue.

While some will say, why did they put down the veteran timer then?. They did it for their reasons that fit their needs at that time. I stand by my prediction.

Sorry for the long post. Not my style really. I like them one liners mostly.
Last edited by GrayRaven on Sep 19, 2011, 4:21:27 PM
"
GrayRaven wrote:
...a reduction in time intervals of the beta invite timer, or/and a new method to bring in close beta members as we draw closer to open beta, be it next month or more. (or less, who knows)

Simply because of the eventual opening of new servers after they determine their server capacity limits. Since beta testing isn't only about founding bugs, but making sure they will handle the freakish number of members when open season(sorry, beta) start. Among other things of coarse.

It happened at Jade Dynasty closed beta two years ago. And the last month before its open beta, keys where literally everywhere on the net.

It won't go the by same proportion here(or it will?) since JD developer is a bigger corporate. All respect to indie developers. Still they simply will face same issue.

While some will say, why did they put down the veteran timer then?. They did it for their reasons that fit their needs at that time. I stand by my prediction.

Sorry for the long post. Not my style really. I like them one liners mostly.

Open isn't until January, maybe Feb. This has been said by Chris in a couple interviews.
Open isn't until January, maybe Feb. This has been said by Chris in a couple interviews.[/quote]

They also said they were pushing for a 2011 date, so January or feb, doesn't make sense...but whatever...
"
Open isn't until January, maybe Feb. This has been said by Chris in a couple interviews.

If you are referring to the JD last month thingy, It gradually happened even before the last month of closed beta.

Guys, i didn't point specifically to a date or something. I just said it will happen.

Peace folks.
Last edited by GrayRaven on Sep 19, 2011, 3:20:08 PM
"
snowspike wrote:

They also said they were pushing for a 2011 date, so January or feb, doesn't make sense...but whatever...

The most recent I'm pulling from was from Chris's live interview with Dopelives last week. He stated Jan maybe Feb. Sounds like they'd like it earlier but just can't make it by then.
Last edited by Juliusmidnight on Sep 19, 2011, 4:09:29 PM
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/8373

lol Now that was fast or what?.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info