Viper Strike + Melee Splash DoT

(viper strike - melee splash - curse on hit - vulnerabilty) and then add whatever you want after that.

you should at least try that....
"
(viper strike - melee splash - curse on hit - vulnerabilty) and then add whatever you want after that.

According to the poe wiki the curses would loose their aoe effect, therfore I didn't put curse on hit in to my considerations. As far as I understood the cruse should be casted when I hit somebody with viper strike, than there should be the casting animation for the curses which interrupt further of my attacks and I don't think I need a recast of the curses everytime I hit a foe.
"
"

According to the poe wiki the curses would loose their aoe effect, therfore I didn't put curse on hit in to my considerations. As far as I understood the cruse should be casted when I hit somebody with viper strike, than there should be the casting animation for the curses which interrupt further of my attacks and I don't think I need a recast of the curses everytime I hit a foe.

Nope, curse on hit works the same as, say, chernobog pillar unique, or that shrine that inflicts random curses on hit, you can try that one. If the curse procs it will just appear on the enemy you hit, no animation, no aoe.

Curse on hit works a bit different than other trigger gems but they all share 'no animation' and 'no mana cost' property.

And you might like faster attacks on whirling blades, you travel faster with it, give it a spin (it's a pun :). Same goes for shield charge and leap slam, increased attack speed equals increased move speed, but not for cyclone.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Mar 15, 2014, 3:31:58 PM
it wasnt meant to be spreading the curse it just to keep the manacost low.

i have made a shadow like this a long time ago it was really squishy but fun to play and it shines on bosses (by adding puncture as second degen skill).

are you going to get dual curses? cause temp chains (like mentioned before) + vulnerabilty is a nice combo too.

i wish you good luck with that build (for me the fun ended then in merciless act3 with that char...) cause those skills are underplayed atm but i personally also prefer those niche builds. ofc once i got the currency for it (in new leagues for example)

enjoy it
i tried viper strike, faster attack, multi hit, and melee splash. 2 clicks of the mouse and everyone in the area has 4 stacked chaos orbs. with 6 link you could add +duration and curse on hit. it was pretty effective i must say, but only for things not resistant to chaos. you might be able to get around that with + dmg to dot nodes etc but im not sure.
"
handss wrote:
i tried viper strike, faster attack, multi hit, and melee splash. 2 clicks of the mouse and everyone in the area has 4 stacked chaos orbs. with 6 link you could add +duration and curse on hit. it was pretty effective i must say, but only for things not resistant to chaos. you might be able to get around that with + dmg to dot nodes etc but im not sure.

I don't really get why you would link Viper Strike to Multistrike. Sure it's handy not having to click that often and it's probably the fastest way of applying a whole stack of charges. (But it's only 2 clicks vs. 4 clicks - and with MS you're basically wasting 2 repetitions of your 2nd attack)
But you'll get 36% less damage out of it that you can't get back by any means. And as there aren't too many ways to increase Chaos damage/DoT this doesn't look like the best choice (damage-wise) to me.
Crit happens.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info