How do inc. elem. dmg. quivers work?

I am using a lightning arrow build, I believe ZiggyD made it, and I know it calls for a quiver that has a decent increase elemental damage percentage. I finally got one I think should be viable, but when I equip it my DPS drops by about 30pts (from 536 to 507). The first quiver is the one I have been using for about 15 levels now. The second one is the new one I just found.

Does inc. elem. dmg. not apply to your stat page's DPS count? How exactly does it work? Or is my old quiver really just better?

New quiver

Old Quiver

You use lightning arrow, that's the thing. It's converted elemental damage, and it gets increased by all physical increases too. Your old quiver gives you base elemental damage which gets increased by projectile damage you probably have a lot of.

Another 28% on all that probably doesn't make much of a difference, base elemental damage will probably work better until you get really good endgame gear.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
When you say base elemental damage I'm assuming you mean when it says "Adds 2-28 Lightning Damage?"

If that is the case is there any particular quivers you could recommend to me that I could search to buy or trade for in the mean time?
Yes, flat amount of damage is the base, increase is a bonus that adds a percentage of the base, multiplier is a bonus that adds a percentage of everything you had before it applied.

Like I said, it depends on your gear, if you already got a lot of base elemental damage adding some more won't help much, and if you got a lot of increases adding more of them won't have much impact either. If you plan to invest a lot into a good quiver it pays to run a few calcs and see which one would help you more.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
This is my gear btw.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info