just me? ( strongbox lag )

"
Ryce wrote:
rogue lags when i open, only rogues.

same when i reeped
Long story short, if I identify a box and it says "Guarded by a Rogue Exile," then I know I have to skip the box; it's just not worth it given the lag; odds of dying are just too high given that the server will give them a few free seconds to wail on my character as my client is too busy being sent data by the server to do so.

It's something that better client hardware does nothing for: it's chiefly loading lag as the client receives data from the server: even with an SSD you'll still get pretty much the same lag.

There are better long-term solutions that GGG could implement from a VARIETY of angles, but for now, mostly, we'll just have to ignore a large portion of this content.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
This is a problem that needs to be addressed asap. Strongbox lag has always been an issue and I've in the past compensated for it by lightning warping right before the box opens. However, I have noticed that the lag seems to be worse now then before and in one instance this beta it has crashed my game and lead to a death.
Open a Portal, click the Portal, click the box. You'll get transported to town/HO no matter what, even frozen solid, and when you return the mobs will either have spawned or spawn a few seconds later(for some reason with no lag, ever), PLUS you have grace period.

Obviously in maps you should time this with vendor trips as to not waste portals if you need them.
Last edited by inMotion on Jun 26, 2015, 3:44:16 AM
open the strongbox and use whirling blades to run away.

that's how i open every single strongbox. works 99% of the time for me
CoC is dead, goodbye DPS hello FPS - September 2nd, 2016.
Life is in the past, use your Energy Shield instead - January 11th, 2017.
All you need is some ES whooping and you'll have your Life back - May 24th, 2017.

IGN: InfernalEnvy | Lv.100 Righteous Fire Juggernaut
"
x1o8x wrote:
open the strongbox and use whirling blades to run away
only to be desynced nack :)
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
silumit wrote:
"
x1o8x wrote:
open the strongbox and use whirling blades to run away
only to be desynced nack :)

you probably need to check your network if you get desynced from just that :)
CoC is dead, goodbye DPS hello FPS - September 2nd, 2016.
Life is in the past, use your Energy Shield instead - January 11th, 2017.
All you need is some ES whooping and you'll have your Life back - May 24th, 2017.

IGN: InfernalEnvy | Lv.100 Righteous Fire Juggernaut
Edit: removed. Lets let time do its thing. GGG are totally onto this issue and fixes are coming <3
Last edited by MonstaMunch on Jun 26, 2015, 6:17:26 AM
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
Edit: removed. Lets let time do its thing. GGG are totally onto this issue and fixes are coming <3

haha, too late anyway, many hc players have already reeped
"
MonstaMunch wrote:

Part of the problem is an utter lack of any discussion from them addressing the issue... So as is seen, it can't be proven that they ARE working on it. Certainly, they'd LIKE it fixed... But there's a huge difference between "would like to see it fixed," and "consider it a priority they are actively working upon."
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info