just me? ( strongbox lag )

it's far worse with

-detonate corpses nearby (death lag due to having tons of dead corpses around)

-revive nearby corpses with onslaught (death lag due to having tons of dead corpses around)

so better check the mods first
I wonder if some kind of stationary immunity can be implemented, i.e. open box and go into an invulnerable state for 20s like when entering a new instance.

This will give all the time in the world for the box mobs to load in with the stipulation that any skill used or movement executed will cancel out the invulnerability instantly.

Of course, this opens up another can of worms if players abuse this mechanic to get of out danger from existing fights.
Two words.

Smoke mine.
Bye bye desync!
Well, this league is not called the Ambush league for no reason. Getting ambushed is the price to be paid.

Of cos, usually when in group play, some adventurous spirit will open the strong box while the rest of us hide far far away for the lag to kick in. What happen next is that the poor guy dies and we kill all the monster and share his poor loot.
I bond a key to move only, click the box and hit the key. It works most times. So i get a little distance to the box.

Sorry for my bad english...
shockwave totem with knockback support casted on/beside character
I dread opening some boxes much more than fighting their content.
Be ready. You're not paranoid, you're PREPARED.

I quit this game every few months and so should you to continue playing it in the future.

The device is believed to have been dropped
depending on the mods it has I often deploy some traps with my trapper before opening the strongbox. That usually takes care of some of the mobs. I hope to eventually have a good trap for freezing the mobs, but right now that character is still too low a level.
Same for me, i started to use armor + movement speed flasks right bevor opening the box and pray for the best.
"
It is unfortunate and can be pretty deadly. I generally cast lightning warp just before opening a chest so that I'll teleport away during the lag-spurt instead of getting crushed.

no lag here, just bought a new gfx card :)
does lightning warp work with the "opening the box freezes you" property of some boxes? smoke mine surely works, thx for the hint, elwindakos.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info