Reforging Sockets on Unique Items

Spoiler

Hello, I am trying to reforge the number of sockets on these two uniques. However, the game will not let me. Every time I try to use a jeweler's orb on these uniques, it says that the orb has failed to apply. I have used jeweler's orb before on my items, and on uniques as well. Is there a reason why it will not work for these two items?
Last bumped on Mar 13, 2014, 4:51:27 AM
What are their itemlevels? Armour <15 can only have two sockets and <28 only 3.
Sockets | Item Level
1______|____1
2______|____1
3______|____15
4______|____28
5______|____35
6______|____50

to check your item's itemlevel, click your item so it is held on your cursor, and then type /itemlevel. With that being said, your items are at max sockets for their item level.
This is an issue concerning itemlevel. The number of sockets available is a property of the itemlevel of the equipment.

For more information click here.
"
Wyss wrote:
Spoiler

Hello, I am trying to reforge the number of sockets on these two uniques. However, the game will not let me. Every time I try to use a jeweler's orb on these uniques, it says that the orb has failed to apply. I have used jeweler's orb before on my items, and on uniques as well. Is there a reason why it will not work for these two items?

If an item has a gem inside it you cannot apply anything to it and a warning box will appear if you try to trade or sell the item. All gems must be removed before you can apply anything to an item.

If a gem is socketed into an item you cannot apply anything to it until you remove the gem from the socket.

If neither of these are the case, then you need to email GGG at their support email.
Thanks guys for the quick responses. The leather cap has an item level of 17, while the robe has an item level of 12. Still, hypothetically speaking, isn't it possible to use a jeweler's orb to re-roll for fewer sockets? Also, there are no gems in those sockets.
Last edited by Wyss on Mar 12, 2014, 8:47:04 PM
So long as there's more than one socket outcome possible, you should be able to reroll as much as you like.

Do you have them equipped when you're trying to orb them?
"
Zephryl wrote:
So long as there's more than one socket outcome possible, you should be able to reroll as much as you like.

Do you have them equipped when you're trying to orb them?

Not really. In fact, I'm pretty sure that a patch set it so that once an item has it's maximum number of sockets, you can't use Jewelers Orbs on it anymore. The reasoning behind this is pretty simple: if the piece of armor can have 3 or 4 slots, what possible reason would there be to try to roll fewer slots than you already have?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info