feels completely unsafe (need advise)

hi all

Playing my 2h lvl51 marauder feels just soooo unsafe and i really dont know what i am doing wrong. I keep my resists on 75, heading for every single life node i can grab, only picking or crafting gear with +life stats, and so on. I do use warlords mark and enduring cry at the same time, or at least try to use them both because standing 2 seconds in a mob pack is just a plain death agony.

By now i am just jumping around, using warlords or enduring, hacking on my flask keys and most of all, trying not to die instantly.

I was going for blood magic as passive skill early in the game, because not thinking about any mana problems was just tantalizing.
I am not sure anymore that this decision was right because it completely avoids me of using auras as determination and others with reserved mana on it. Decreasing my amaount of life by 40% is just suicide, even with instant life flasks.

Now, i know that my armour is too low, i will go for that by now. But hey, playing does not feel any better with 2 endurance charges on me,

Should i get blood magic gems on my primary skills instead?

Please take a look at my stats, skills and passives, i really need some advise.

This is my current passive skill tree, heading towerds duelist center nodes by no:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAdwCcQSzDjwUTRRxGS4aOCftMok26DpSOtg64UGqRmlN2FBQVElX4lhjWK9Z818_bPZyqXfleA2C5IcpiPGKr4x2jM-QEZBVogCmV6eEqW6sqq6TtfK53b6KwBrG2NSP37_nUuw47w7wH_Iv9kj3Mvjr

These are my current skills in use:

leap slam + melee physical damage + added fire damage + life gan on hit
heavy strike + melee physical damage + life gan on hit

rejunevation totem

warlords mark
enduring cry

These are my current stats:

damage of leap slam: 373
damage of heavy strike: 723
Life: 1987
Armour: 957
Resists: all max (except chaos)

You need Bloodless if you are going to be using Blood Magic. I am not sure others have used Blood Magic with auras, but like you, i found it too risky.

You should probably pick a weapon type, because your damage is really low.

If you are going to be using Leap Slam, you need a lot of attack speed increase.

What are you after with the Elemental weapon damage boost? Is that your goal, to do a lot of elemental weapon damage? I have found that there is just too much resist to rely heavily on it, but perhaps that changes at level 70+.

You have a ton of wasted points getting extra stats with no huge boost to your damage or health.

With the same points you have being used, this is where my build would have been at.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAnEEsw48D8wUIBRNGJEZLhnpIQIhVSSLJ-0q9jH7OQ46UjrYPQ9BP03YUEdQUFHmVElVtVhjXz9yqXdie4x8u4FvjHaMz548ns2iAKZkpzCpaKyqtC-53cEExPbG2MmY1I_cPd7B37_nUu8O8B_yL_ZI974=

You give up about 400 health and some resist, but gain 120% damage and 20% attack speed for faster jumps.

I doubt this helps you now, but I really could not come up with way to fix your build. I see nothing locking you into 2h weapons in your build, so perhaps you could switch to a shield and be a tank with all that life and resistance.
Thanks alot for your comprehensive feedback.

I am going to respec 11 skillpoints (of57) for dmg/ats and will be monitoring this makeover for myself.

The elemental damage nodes i took: These were for lightning strike, witch i wanted to use as primary. I tried to go for this skill with multiple/lesser projectiles until about lvl40, then i resigned and went for leap slam.
Now, i do see a lot of specs going for lava lash, but to limit myself on one elemental dmg for 30% seemed worthless to me. U can get +10 +10 + 30 for "every" ele dmg, so i took the 50% elemental dmg for a being 3skillpoint. It is easier to find or to craft a 2-4 different elemental damage gear than an effective fire-dmg-one. (exception being: "added fire dmg"-rune(lvl one) wich is the same as catalyse and it's still increaseing with the ele dmg passive, so, its doing the same. not?)

Why should i get bloodless? because of having some life/dmg bonusses on the way to blood magic? To respec the way from -RT to BM- is already a mature task of me. i will be going throgh the life nodes of the middle.

And blood drinker wont be worth the respec points by now. Especially when my damage is too low for life leech beeing more effective than life on hit.

i did get ur point of going for dmg/ats, and i think it'll help me through cruel. Thx alot.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info