Alpha keys

--Checks his mail... nope... nothing..

Just my thought on a few posts earlier... I'm glad that they are not doing a very early open beta. You see, most of us here (I hope) realize that the game is in Alpha stage and that there are going to be bugs and the only reason they are even letting us play is for us to work out those bugs so that we ALL can enjoy the game once it's final. However, there is a large percentage of people that seem to miss that point. I have been in a lot of betas including WoW and countless other games for the part 8 years or so, where people get into Alpha or Beta stage with expectations that the game is going to be flawless and they are there to just play it and not TEST it. Hence - alpha TEST, beta TEST. Now, a small percentage of those people (but big enough to make an impact) will actually begin publicly bash the game before its release because of the bugs and other things that they've encountered during their play (which should have been a test). They fail to report those problems because they are lazy and the only reason they wanted to get in is play the game. However, once they encountered those bugs, their expectations failed them and now they're left with a bad taste in their mouth. They're likely not to comeback to play the game at a later time, wasted a test spot and now probably turned away some of the other potential players/customers. There haven't been too many games that have made this error... but an example I can think of right now is Pristol Tale... early Alpha and Beta.. took them what... 2 years? And game failed big time. (Game sucked... it was one big grind-fest, but I'm just saying, they did OPEN Beta too early).

These guys need to be cautions about who they let in to test their game. It would be a shame if those valuable test spots were filled with someone who has no idea how to test a game and fails to report any bugs due to their laziness.

One more thing... They should (and I'm sure they do) look at the whole spectrum of players that are going to play that game. If you only choose people with one point of view, then when the game is released and hits the larger audience... you might get a good amount of people that disagree with choices that were made by that small group that have same interests in games.
"Life is a tragedy when seen in close-up, but a comedy in long-shot." - Charlie Chaplin
How hard is make reply or report bug?
Have you ever test games or something guess not.
I think if more pople was able to see this game and be able to test it. This company will faster fix all bugs and problems.
This so suck when i see people which is just 1 years on this forum and got key...
"
Yason wrote:
How hard is make reply or report bug?
Have you ever test games or something guess not.

I think you missed my point entirely... but okay.
"Life is a tragedy when seen in close-up, but a comedy in long-shot." - Charlie Chaplin
My only bad experience testing a game was during Sacred 2 Closed Beta, the forums were a big mess...

It took much more time to check if people already reported the bug you've faced than really testing the game. It was not really well-structured and it was a big loss of time. Hope it's not that messy for PoE if I ever get a chance to test the game.
Hack&Slash lover!
I wonder what kind of system they have for that?
You had access to special forums. I don't remember correctly but there were a lot of forums & sub-forums for each kind or bug/errors/problems.

The main problem was that they did not made a list of what was reported for each patch, so when you had a bug/error/prob you had to search in the whole forums to check if it already happened to someone and if they validate his report. (means that people can report a bug/etc... but if the report is not clear, they just don't care about it.
It was good to get some headaches ^^

On the other hands there were way too many forums...

Edit: I've forgot to note that the search engine was really... erm, sucky.
Hack&Slash lover!
Last edited by aRKENz on Jul 13, 2011, 9:47:52 AM
I mean, I wonder what kind of system GGG is implementing?
Ho yeah, sorry, that's what I wanted to know secretly :p
Hack&Slash lover!
If I don't get in the alpha, I have high hopes for the closed Beta. I am so excited to play this game! Looks like it will be so fun, I can't wait to bust open those skill gems.
@Forum Active
remember; it exist many silent reader here :p

The German Site Gamestar.de has posted a short News over the Templar. But without much Details or Infos over the Game.
I have posted there more Infos and Details, for a better response for this Game.

PoE is underated and i hope many more join us and help to make PoE more popular in the World.

I can't wait to play and i count every Day until the Beta begins!

Greetings from Germany.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info