Recent (combat) sound issue

Since one of the last patches, maybe related to the additional sound option (which I didnt touched yet), I notice some loss in sounds for (at least, these are the most annoying) hitting things: using flameblast at a larger distance (sometimes?) happens completely silent.
Any hints to investigate?
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
It sounds like your audio channels are getting full, and there is no room for the flame blast audio.

It would be good to have some more information about this, what areas did you find this occurred in? Against what monster types? Were you in a party?

Hopefully we will upgrade the priority system soon so this is no longer an issue.
The audio guy.
Noticed at least in Southern Forest and the areas around Crossroads, against any group of their natural inhabitants (so, maybe preferential monkeys, small spiders... fast movers?) Always solo (not even minions beside a decoy totem sometimes).
If important: I use a secondary audio device on usb for the headset.

Again: to me it seemed to be related to the distance between me and the blast: never really noticed happening if I blast directly around me, first idea was really that it could be "too far to hear" ;)
--
Last edited by Mr_Cee on Mar 13, 2014, 3:36:59 AM
Distance currently is not a factor in our priority system, I'm not sure why this would happen as all flameblast audio is tagged "high" priority.

what other skills are you using?
The audio guy.
Was just how it "feeled", will keep an eye on it as I now know it may be a bug.
This char only used decoy totem, power siphon (as standard attack) and fire traps to support the flameblasts, and freezing pulse for chests and pots.
--
I've had this problem too. When playing in groups, the game can't seem to render all the sounds which is quite annyoing because it takes away the feeling of hitting the ennemies. It's like you're permanently missing.
Recently, the sound even crashed completely (went silent for a minute) and came back on his own without me doing anything special. Firestorm seems to be the worst in groups, the sounds it produces cover most of the others.

I'm not sure if it's related to the way the game handles sounds or my hardware.
Last edited by Bobbyblind on Mar 17, 2014, 8:32:17 AM
Playing in groups creates many problems with audio, that's a known issue, it looks like Mr_Cee is experiencing a similar problem while playing solo.
The audio guy.
I have the same issue in solo play.

This usually happens on characters with very high attack/cast speed.

For example:
- Cyclone + Cast on Crit + Firestorm (8-9 attack hits per second, 5-6 casts per second, 10 AoE fireballs each)
- some different skills from monsters
- (I guess this might be the case)2-3 simulatious Cast on Damage Taken triggers.

All this in big packs in Lunaris Temple level 3, but happens in other areas too.
I guess it's just sheer number of monsters and your hits on them.
Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way.
"
I have the same issue in solo play.

This usually happens on characters with very high attack/cast speed.

For example:
- Cyclone + Cast on Crit + Firestorm (8-9 attack hits per second, 5-6 casts per second, 10 AoE fireballs each)
- some different skills from monsters
- (I guess this might be the case)2-3 simulatious Cast on Damage Taken triggers.

All this in big packs in Lunaris Temple level 3, but happens in other areas too.
I guess it's just sheer number of monsters and your hits on them.

The game currently can only produce 32 sounds simultaneously and it sounds like you're easily exceeding this resulting in audio getting cut-off.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Mar 18, 2014, 1:33:37 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info