Game crashes on zone change in Act 2, 1 out of 4 times.

I have had this annoying problem that prevent me from getting any further in the beta, and it is frustrating. It happens when I try to change to a new zone that I have not loaded yet in that game, and always in Act 2.

I have been playing through Act 1 just fine without any errors on two characters, but it happens all the time in Act 4, maybe one out of four times when I try to enter a new area.

The loading screen appear as usual, but before it can laod the area, the game crash, and I get an error message. The error is always the same, but the path to the file it is trying to load differs depending on the zone I am trying to enter.

Here is the error:
"

Exception
"Art/Texture/Environment/temple/floorbig2ns.dds": In source code file:
Resource\TextureResource.cpp at line 37,
Processing file: Art\Texture\Environment\temple\floorbig2ns.dds
Error: E_OUTOFMEMORY
Description: Ran out of memory

I might add that I run Windows 7 32bit, with a 64 bit i7 950 CPU, AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series GPU, and 2GB of memory.
Last edited by Detectable on Jan 29, 2013, 11:47:28 AM
I suggest lowering your graphics settings. I had the same issue where it would crash on zoning a lot and when I changed it from high to medium, it never crashed for me anymore.
Domination:
Lvl 58 Power Siphon Witch
Last edited by SeikenZ on Jan 29, 2013, 12:02:14 PM
Yes, that actually seemed to help. Interesting. Thanks
You should upgrade to 4GB if you are on a 32bit OS. 2GB is not nearly enough for anything nowadays.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info