To GGG: Requesting more beta keys per beta player.

"
kyrow wrote:
Now instead of 60 people geting one key, 20 people get 3 keys. No harm is done.

Kyrow

That's a selfish and self-serving comment.

no harm done ? except for those 40 people who didnt get a key while 20 got more than their fair share ....
Last edited by aaricia on Sep 19, 2011, 2:42:46 PM
"
aaricia wrote:
"
kyrow wrote:
Now instead of 60 people geting one key, 20 people get 3 keys. No harm is done.

Kyrow

That's a selfish and self-serving comment.

no harm done ? except for those 40 people who didnt get a key while 20 got more than their fair share ....

What a crying baby, those 40 never would know..Stop crying in my thread please.
"
kyrow wrote:

You made my point better than me by the quality and level of your discourse, logic and reasoning. Thank you.

I also propose you be specially selected to test your idea and be part of the ones who wont get a key and who will "never would know".

Lets see how much you like your brilliant idea and if you think "no harm is done" by then.

"
aaricia wrote:
"
kyrow wrote:

You made my point better than me by the quality and level of your discourse, logic and reasoning. Thank you.

I also propose you be specially selected to test your idea and be part of the ones who wont get a key and who will "never would know".

Lets see how much you like your brilliant idea and if you think "no harm is done" by then.

Lol I wouldn't know so hoow wuld it hurt me Einstien?
The main "problem" i see with kyrow's suggestion is that guilds have a tendency to be "closed" in their way of doing things, its quite rare for them to have a new "thought".

So from a beta TESTING perspective its not really that desireable.
Last edited by Naed on Sep 19, 2011, 11:59:41 PM
"
kyrow wrote:

Chris stated that the servers could handle hundreds of thousands of players at its current state.

I never heard that, can you tell me where he said that?
I won't say you're wrong, but I do have trouble believing it.

It makes no sense for them to purchase servers if they aren't going to use them — it's completely nonsensical.

GGG has said that the game WILL be able to support hundreds of thousands of players, but not CURRENTLY in the existing state of the game/development! (AFAIK)

People who normally have 50ms pings can get 400+ms latency (constant minimum of 400, with very frequent increases to 800-1100) while in a party. Does that sound like epic server power to you? This is with only like 200 people or less people logged on BTW.
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'
Last edited by Xapti on Sep 20, 2011, 12:00:09 AM
It's not hundreds of thousands, but it's many times more than are online at any time currently (they tested it with bots, apparently).
"
kyrow wrote:
That took away whatever credibility this might have had as a legitimate request.

As I said before, this would lead to exponential invites per person. It might as well be open beta if that's the way it was run.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
"
Xapti wrote:
"
kyrow wrote:

Chris stated that the servers could handle hundreds of thousands of players at its current state.

I never heard that, can you tell me where he said that?
I won't say you're wrong, but I do have trouble believing it.

It makes no sense for them to purchase servers if they aren't going to use them — it's completely nonsensical.

GGG has said that the game WILL be able to support hundreds of thousands of players, but not CURRENTLY in the existing state of the game/development! (AFAIK)

People who normally have 50ms pings can get 400+ms latency (constant minimum of 400, with very frequent increases to 800-1100) while in a party. Does that sound like epic server power to you? This is with only like 200 people or less people logged on BTW.

I'm not exactly sure if it was in an interview with the media or n the forums, but I know he said it. Chris is more then welcome to confirm/or deny this, but I am not gonna go back and search for that quote. But in that same discussion Chris also said that even though the servers can handle that many players, they intend to keep it small so that they can read and make adjustments from all CB participants ideas to the game. So if they let 10,000 people in CB it would be really hard to read everyones opinions and such..

Since there not many fans of my sugestion, how bout GGG give out more keys to those that are actively participating in the beta test? I'm sure theres hundreds of inactive beta accounts that might poossibly have a friend invite sitting in their pm box getting dusty. Thoughts about this?
Last edited by kyrow on Sep 20, 2011, 9:00:25 AM
Yeah, i want 1 more key for my friends!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info