To GGG: Requesting more beta keys per beta player.

I am hoping this will be fufilled. Passing out 1 key per account randomly is a nice thought, but there are many of us that belong to guilds and have more then one mmorpg friend. Could you please Increase the amount of keys to 3 per account? Even if that means less random beta players being givin extra keys, at least we will have more keys for more friends/guild mates.

Thank you for reading this and pssibly taking this int consideration.

Kyrow
i know a few more guildmates who'd love one
proud member of clanDA
well wheres the problem, you get a key and give it to guily A, a gives key to B etc etc

requesting more keys per account, when theres lots aof beta players that didnt even get one key is rediculous.
there are thousands of people still waiting for keys outside of beta and some in beta who did not even get 1 key ... so maybe priority to these people to be fair ?

until then 1 key per account is very generous already.
Honestly people not in the beta an active on the forums have a better chance of getting in the beta if we invite them rather then the timer.
In the beta thanks to Starcraft42.
As QLINANG stated, it's a problem of number control. If each beta member got numerous invites, we would see the number of people in the beta multiply endlessly. If each person got just 2, those 2 invites turn into 4, which turn into 8, 16, 32, 64 etc., all in a very short amount of time.

You could even exploit this to give yourself infinite friend invites by inviting multiple accounts.

Having it random is the best way to go, in my opinion.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
"
whiteBoy88 wrote:
As QLINANG stated, it's a problem of number control. If each beta member got numerous invites, we would see the number of people in the beta multiply endlessly. If each person got just 2, those 2 invites turn into 4, which turn into 8, 16, 32, 64 etc., all in a very short amount of time.

You could even exploit this to give yourself infinite friend invites by inviting multiple accounts.

Having it random is the best way to go, in my opinion.

Ditto.
Youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzudxtilpQP_CzgbmkYmW4w

Twitch:
https://www.twitch.tv/uberj4ger
"
kyrow wrote:
I am hoping this will be fufilled. Passing out 1 key per account randomly is a nice thought, but there are many of us that belong to guilds and have more then one mmorpg friend. Could you please Increase the amount of keys to 3 per account? Even if that means less random beta players being givin extra keys, at least we will have more keys for more friends/guild mates.

Kyrow

Slow down farmer Brown!

The game won't be released for a long time. The developers do not have much server architecture set up to support too many players at once currently. We'd all love every one of our friends to play us, but that's not how beta testing works... that's how finish product works, or at LEAST stress test open betas which also tend to not last too long.

I was going to talk more but I think that's probably enough.
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'
wait, is there a 1 key lifetime limit on accounts, or do you mean instead of 1 at a time do 3 at a time?
"
Xapti wrote:
"
kyrow wrote:

Kyrow

Slow down farmer Brown!

The game won't be released for a long time. The developers do not have much server architecture set up to support too many players at once currently. We'd all love every one of our friends to play us, but that's not how beta testing works... that's how finish product works, or at LEAST stress test open betas which also tend to not last too long.

I was going to talk more but I think that's probably enough.

Chris stated that the servers could handle hundreds of thousands of players at its current state.

I don't see how adding a couple more invites per account will hurt. As I said before, he could even equal it out to remain the same. Say GGG curently gives out 60 keys out per day to beta members. Now instead of 60 people geting one key, 20 people get 3 keys. No harm is done.

Kyrow
Last edited by kyrow on Sep 19, 2011, 11:41:10 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info