Damage taken gained as mana, works like reflect/leech?

"
Wiesl_1404 wrote:

If mana was gained after the damage is calculated and received you would take full damage if you were OOM on your next hit. With the current mechanic you are able to mitigate more damage because you always get some mana when you are hit before you take the damage.

The problem with this statement is that if you gain mana after taking the damage, you will likely NEVER be OOM (and hit for only life) in the first place.
Gaining the mana after being hit means that that mana is ALWAYS there for the future incoming damage (with the added advantage that you have the CHOICE to instead spend some of that mana on skills).
I played a character with 30%/30% MOM/DTGAMWH and the way it works at the moment honestly SUCKED for me, as after taking a large hit I would be left unable to attack and therefore taking more damage for the mobs without being able to leech.

In the theoretical case where you start on low mana, yeah, the current method is better.
It's a shame that never happens in practice (with the exception where the current method causes you to be left on low mana), unless you spend high amounts of mana on skills in which case reducing your available mana pool by 30% of the last thing that hit you really really sucks.
Either way, this wouldn't be a nerf in any way at all.

Last edited by theshadedone on Feb 17, 2016, 8:14:05 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info