Damage taken gained as mana, works like reflect/leech?

If I have a "% damage taken gained as mana" mod on a piece of my gear, does it apply before or after the "% damage taken from mana" mod?


say I have 3000 HP and 100 mana, 5% damage taken gained as mana and 30% damage taken from mana

if I get hit by a 200 damage attack at the end I would be left with 50 mana and 2860 HP

Here's where it gets confusing:

if I get hit by a 2000 damage attack, at the end would I be left with


100 mana and 1100 HP (mana damage taken, then mana returned to me)

or would I be left with

0 mana and 1100 HP (mana returned to me, then mana damage taken)

or do they get applied simultaniously? aka 30% damage converted to mana but you only actually take 25%.
IGN: OldManBalls (Warbands)
Last edited by demivion on Mar 10, 2014, 3:12:58 PM
bump, anyone know?
IGN: OldManBalls (Warbands)
3k hp 100 mana
5% damage taken gained as mana
30% damage taken from mana

hit with 2k damage

30% from 2k = 600
but you only have 100 mana -> remaining damage done is 1900
5% from 1900 = 95

would mean you end with
1100/3000 hp and 95/100 mana

i belive thats whats gona happen since you have to take the damage for the mana gain to set in
IGN - SunChaos, Syldra
I would really like to know this as well, though if I had to guess, I'd assume the Mana Gained occurs BEFORE the Damage Taken as Mana, effectively making those mods not synergize [the way we would hope they do.] :S

Anyone have confirmation?
IGN: Heavenly_Tribulation
Send me a PM on here, I check it all the time :)
Damage taken propably refers to damage to you without considering what that damage drains.

So if you take a 2k Hit with MoM and have only 200 Mana that would happen:

a) you gain the mana before MoM

2k Hit means 600 on Mana and 1400 on Life. It is 2k Damage so 5% of this means 100 Mana gained. Since you now have 300 Mana you take 1700 damage on Life and 300 on Mana, since you only have 300 Mana.

b) MoM comes before you gain the mana.

The hit is still divided in 600 on Mana and 1400 on Life. Since you only have 200 Mana you take 1800 damage on life and 200 on Mana. After that you get 100 Mana back because you get 5% of damage taken as mana.

Considering that you have to take the hit first I guess it is b). Since you normally don't only take one hit they still synergize well and it also means that MoM can't make you OOM.
Last edited by Emphasy on Mar 12, 2014, 2:12:37 PM
"
SunChaos wrote:
3k hp 100 mana
5% damage taken gained as mana
30% damage taken from mana

hit with 2k damage

30% from 2k = 600
but you only have 100 mana -> remaining damage done is 1900
5% from 1900 = 95

would mean you end with
1100/3000 hp and 95/100 mana

i belive thats whats gona happen since you have to take the damage for the mana gain to set in


for sure I know that the 2nd part is not true. Mana is returned to you based on the damage of the hit, regardless of how much of that Damage is life vs mana damage because it doesn't specify life damage.

Would love dev confirmation but in the absense of that, is there anyone reading this right now that has cloak of defiance and the mindspiral helmet to test?

just use an aura to give you low mana, then get hit by a big enough hit to drain your mana to 0 in one hit. If you end up with 0 mana then the mana is returned to you before MoM. If you end up with some mana left over no matter how hard you got hit then mana return takes place after MoM
IGN: OldManBalls (Warbands)
"% damage taken gained as mana" occurs just before the damage taken is subtracted from ES/mana/life. If you're on full mana, it will do nothing, but if you're on no mana, you'll gain it just in time for mind over matter or similar to use that to absorb some damage before life.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"% damage taken gained as mana" occurs just before the damage taken is subtracted from ES/mana/life. If you're on full mana, it will do nothing, but if you're on no mana, you'll gain it just in time for mind over matter or similar to use that to absorb some damage before life.


A little confused. So you meant firstly I will gain some mana from "% damage taken gained as mana" and then the mana will be subtracted by MOM? or the reverse sequence?
"
emersonxsu wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"% damage taken gained as mana" occurs just before the damage taken is subtracted from ES/mana/life. If you're on full mana, it will do nothing, but if you're on no mana, you'll gain it just in time for mind over matter or similar to use that to absorb some damage before life.


A little confused. So you meant firstly I will gain some mana from "% damage taken gained as mana" and then the mana will be subtracted by MOM?

Yes.
IGN: Heavenly_Tribulation
Send me a PM on here, I check it all the time :)
Just short question to clarify

Mana gain after or prior any reductions?
"Отрастил скилл - имеешь право ногибать" СерБ

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info