More buttons please ...need mouse remapping

PoE is a great arpg. One thing that I believe that should be a high priority after OB bugs and overloads are taken care of is adding support for multi-button mice. For example, I have a Logitech MX-1000 laser mouse with 10 buttons:

1.  left
2.  right
3.  middle        (scroll wheel button)  
4.  back           (thumb left button)
5.  forward       (thumb right button) 
6.  switch app   (thumb middle button)  
7.  scroll left     (push scroll wheel left)
8.  scroll right   (push scroll wheel right)
9.  scroll up      (above scroll wheel button)
10. scroll down (below scroll wheel button)

While it is true that I can use the SetPoint mouse utility to remap one of the buttons so that I can assign any of the QWERT keys to it I don't belive that it is fair that I waste any of these 5 keyboard assignments. There are many more gems for spells, auras, totems, etc. than there are with just the 7 usable keymaps currently available (2 standard mouse buttons + 5 keyboard keys). Yes, I understand that making me choose which gems to assign is part of the game and decision making I must do but I think a few more useable mouse assignments is in order to improve game play and thus increase PoE enjoyment. I also don't see this as a way to win easier. It is more in the way of a convenience to the players.

Thank you.

PS. Since you already have the 3 mouse buttons in the game design at least make the middle mouse button work as a a real 8th assignment for now until you have more time to internally discuss this.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Imho, it's part of the gameplay that you can't use more than 8 active skillz, to force the players to chose if they wanna play more buff-style or offence.
But give the choice of remaping qwerty key with mouse key could be nice yeah.
Please don't die.
I agree to that. I opened the same post only a few hours ago.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/81313/page/1

Cheers

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info