How big do you think the shop will be?

"
Azimon wrote:
Yeah well..alot of people say this will unbalance things..which is of course discussable..But that's the kind of purchases that will be expected in order to make cash on this game.

Larger stash isn't even necessary.

sparkly things that you can re-use as often as you'd like may get you through the first year..but that's it.

At some point, "discussable player advantages" will make it's way into the cash shop..or GGG will go bankrupt. You can deny this all you'd like..But don't take my word for it..wait a year and see.

I agree that if it comes to the go bankrupt or go p2w scenario they will jump the WvW wagon, but hopefully it won't come to that.
Many small games like PoE died BECAUSE the had P2W. Now you maybe think that makes no sense, but it is rather easy:
Game's main player base are free players.
Game is p2w
Free gamers get tired of getting their shit handed to them by p2w royalty just because they dumped bigger stack of greens into the game than they.
They stop playing the game.
p2w players have nobody left to play with
They also leave
Game dies

Since PoE won't be P2W it will hopefully keep its ever growing player base and paying players won't have any reason to leave because they will always have plenty of people to interact with.
In a way it's kind of tragic if PoE doesn't succeed. It'd be the final blow to the fair F2P model.
I think maybe you wont be able to purchase nice weapons directly, but maybe 'exlusive' maps that will give, if youre good enough, the player a small chance of getting some real good loot from the boss or something.
Furthermore, i consider that the loot-system must be changed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info