Please help critique my build.

submitted 47 minutes ago by DelusionalCompromise

I'm trying to build a Dagger/Dagger crit ST and Cyclone build. With a focus on cyclone. I've never made my own build before, and looking at it I can't help but think I'm not even going to us daggers late game due to int requirements. I know I could just grab a couple of fatty int nodes and give up either damage or health. I'd just like a more experienced opinion. Here is my build I'm 30 points in right now, so if I messed up bad and need to reroll let me know.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAOygDlm49YEODCW-eykrDOpu1IuqdlitvGL2yROjW3vbndGHih9umf-1BsbMWv_PqcFK1SG17VUsmlYw2UEKiLg5InapirNadEZZ_xiepWm0kPKdcSVHjhIhrNj2lywzyBbWNv1FHqriqf419MwwZ1f_eMHx_K93n1RzmiIO9Ps-95vljGtvuDiP27_BaSBXwOlgEfocZVuoFfen-tMWX0Fb1uT7bbn3jTGAEsST951TVAJVmA4dwctN-73rnCtyCeOv8xWegh3ZKfd0NW69OKimltkFaGhjbQ5zBi6zq0_yuDKinQzEbyF4ThO907Xrv

Thank you! This is for Ambush by the way.
Here's a couple of things you might want to think about :

- Don't plan builds with 120 points. That's what you'll have at level 100, and only with killing all the bandits, at each level of difficulty.
More realistically, plan with 80 to 100 points (character level roughly 60 to 80). The last 20 points are really fine-tuning the build.

- Your only defenses are decent Life, and a few block nodes - there's no Armor, Evasion, ES, or Resists. Maybe you have a plan to counter that, but it begs the question : how do you plan to survive ? How is the build going to deal with the truckload of various types of DPS that PoE throws at us on a daily basis ?

- If you want to crit, stick with daggers. In fact, building on the dagger/crit concept, you've forgotten the notable nodes :
Bloodthirst (45% crit chance)
Nightstalker (Dagger damage, Crit chance, ES%)
Flaying (Dagger damage, Crit multi, Life%)

Incidently, taking a +30 Int node, and the 2 +10 Int node on the way to Nightstalker, would pull up your Int to 150, enough to use any type of dagger.

Personally, I'd fish out those 3 notables, and cut out the southern part of your build (usefull stuff, but nothing really ground-breaking)

Hope this helps ^^
"
submitted 47 minutes ago by DelusionalCompromise

I'm trying to build a Dagger/Dagger crit ST and Cyclone build. With a focus on cyclone. I've never made my own build before, and looking at it I can't help but think I'm not even going to us daggers late game due to int requirements. I know I could just grab a couple of fatty int nodes and give up either damage or health. I'd just like a more experienced opinion. Here is my build I'm 30 points in right now, so if I messed up bad and need to reroll let me know.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAOygDlm49YEODCW-eykrDOpu1IuqdlitvGL2yROjW3vbndGHih9umf-1BsbMWv_PqcFK1SG17VUsmlYw2UEKiLg5InapirNadEZZ_xiepWm0kPKdcSVHjhIhrNj2lywzyBbWNv1FHqriqf419MwwZ1f_eMHx_K93n1RzmiIO9Ps-95vljGtvuDiP27_BaSBXwOlgEfocZVuoFfen-tMWX0Fb1uT7bbn3jTGAEsST951TVAJVmA4dwctN-73rnCtyCeOv8xWegh3ZKfd0NW69OKimltkFaGhjbQ5zBi6zq0_yuDKinQzEbyF4ThO907Xrv

Thank you! This is for Ambush by the way.

Absolutely! Thank you very much! I'm happy to know my tree is a possibility. I didn't take any evasion due to planning on Iron Reflexes and I wasn't sure if evasion from the tree works with it. No ES because I'm going largely life based. I am curious what resist nodes you think I should head to. My 'plan' for survivability endgame was largely going to rely on life leech and Iron Reflexes. Truth be told I have never been past cruel before so I don't really know what I'm getting myself into.

Once again thank you for any and all help :)
TBH, I haven't gone past cruel either, but I've spent a lot of time reading the posts here to try to grasp what's really important in making a build work. Have a look at a few builds by top players, where they explain and deconstruct their build - that'll help you get an idea of how it works - the build isn't made on it's own, but in relation to the skills and gear used.

For your IR/Evasion conundrum, as with all converted stuff on PoE (damage mainly), the result is affected by both end-state modifiers (here, armor), and start-state modifiers (here, evasion).

(tl;dr : Evasion nodes work with IR :p)

I see several paths here for a defensive package :

- You could get more Evasion by getting the Reflexes notable node, and maybe even push to Sentinel. Nullification is another good candidate, only 2 nodes away, and comes with a useful resist bonus.

- Either stay with IR, or just grab Acrobatics/Phase Acrobatics and Ondar's Guile and hope to dodge everything.

- Alternatively, your tree is close to both EB and MoM, so you could grab them and a few Mana Regen nodes, and run the currently popular EB/MoM/Clarity/AA combo. That would also help dismiss any mana issues you might encounter. IR + EB + MoM + Clarity + AA is a very efficient way of saying: "That didn't hurt".

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info