A couple of questions

Hi all. I am still pretty new to this game, and I would like to ask some questions. Thank you

I am currently playing a shadow and I am having some problems. I have already restarted 3 shadow characters. I posted my problem on the Shadow Section Thread
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/81983

1) Does "Critical Strike Chance%" on daggers applies to DoT? For example, supposed I was to set a fire trap, and the mobs are getting damaged, does the "critical strike chance%" applies on the damaged over time when they are within the burning ground?

2) If my main AoE skills is fire trap, what happens if I were to deal with mobs that has fire Resist/Elemental resist?

3) After searching through the forums, I get mixed opinions about bear trap. Some say they are not useful for end game. How reliable is bear trap? Is there a mechanics of Bear Trap?

4) I am using dual dagger and using fire traps/viper/dual strike, I should focus only on 1 elemental damage than different element damage. Spreading my points over different elements will only make my character weaker in end game. Am I right to say this?

5) Dual Strike V.S Double Strike. I understand a lot of threads has been made about these two. If I were to use double strike using dual dagger, the calculation for "Critical strike chance%" will be applied twice. Is this statement true?

Thank you!

Edit: Accidentally a word
Last edited by Zesi on Jan 29, 2013, 4:01:59 AM
Bump. Anyone?
1) Not really sure how it works in this game but actually its just the initial damage that causes a crit to proc or not.

2) They take less damage.

3) No idea.

4) Well there are always some exceptions but yes in general focusing on specific types of damage is the way to go.

5) No it isn't but for Double Strike, if the first strike crits the second does as well.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info