[2.3] Shakk's Cyclone Build. A story about a man and his fists.

Shakka, can you go through and clean up the OP so it's more reflective of currently relevant info? It's fairly tough to discern what is no longer relevant and there is still a lot of 1.2 stuff intermingled with the 1.3.

Ty. This was a similar build to what I was devising. FB+Block+Cyclone+Buffs+Counter Attacks
What armor is better to use for the facebreaker?

6S6L belly of the beast
OR
6S6L Carcass Jack
?

thanks in advance
"
posterier wrote:
Shakka, can you go through and clean up the OP so it's more reflective of currently relevant info? It's fairly tough to discern what is no longer relevant and there is still a lot of 1.2 stuff intermingled with the 1.3.

Ty. This was a similar build to what I was devising. FB+Block+Cyclone+Buffs+Counter Attacks

T_T I should yes, I'll see if I can get around to cleaning it up sometime this week
Heya guys!

I have done a variation on this build knowing that I wasn't going to be able to get hold of a 5 link or 6 link Carcass Jack.

The aim was to make sure it could still pack a solid punch (badum tish) with extremely cheap gear. The only extravagances were using a Divine Orb on my Abyssus to get a 40% roll, and buying the Great Old Ones shield for 24c.

Now, I couldn't get a decent rolled set of Facebreakers (Torment League) and my jewllery is a bit crap (refused to pay more than 1c for any of it).

Current Gear

DPS: 25k / 21k (Goo/Saffels)
HP: 4.6k
Block: 45% with Tempest
Armor: 40% (ish)

With the 4-link skill setup, it will happily do Atziri runs. Couple of deaths here and there because I suck, but I have managed each boss deathless (unfortunately just not all in the same run). The Reckoning skill with life leech is brutal, I block a hit and it smashes everything to death for around 3/4 of the screen, and refills my HP.

It will do every map boss except the Crematorium one (mind you, haven't tried with Saffels yet), and anything that freezes too quickly (am thinking about getting an Alpha's Howl setup for freeze bosses). Only Exile that has given me problems is Igna, because RF is not friendly up close.

So, essentially, you've created a 1ex 4-link build that will happily kill all the things, except a couple of the things.

Big thanks to Shakka for his build guide, it was a blast :)
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
Last edited by CaptainWaffleIron on Jan 19, 2015, 6:07:35 PM
Why added cold with life leeching Reckoning?
Hi guys, what do u think about a 6L lightning coil instead of carcass to decrease phys damages taken ? Lightning coil has a better def than carcass and it is possible to compensate the loss of dps (I must use inc aoe gem with lightning coil) by taking more dps into the tree as the armor will be higher with a lightning coil and phys damages really lower by using a lightning coil. As auras, i was also thinking to use the purity of lightning aura to decrease more and more damages taken. That could be a pretty tanky build no ?
"
evilmindcz wrote:
Why added cold with life leeching Reckoning?

Having problems getting 3 reds on the shield for Melee Phys :)

== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
"
Gryzorrr wrote:
Hi guys, what do u think about a 6L lightning coil instead of carcass to decrease phys damages taken ? Lightning coil has a better def than carcass and it is possible to compensate the loss of dps (I must use inc aoe gem with lightning coil) by taking more dps into the tree as the armor will be higher with a lightning coil and phys damages really lower by using a lightning coil. As auras, i was also thinking to use the purity of lightning aura to decrease more and more damages taken. That could be a pretty tanky build no ?

Definitly viable yes.
man 1 question : where you got 40% chaos res lol
IGN GarrukPrimeHunter/MasterTrapster
"
msrtw wrote:
man 1 question : where you got 40% chaos res lol

That was with my previous chest, only recently swapped to Carcass full time.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info