Aus/NZ servers a real possibility!

http://games.on.net/2013/01/path-of-exiles-beta-hints-at-an-excellent-final-product-our-hands-on-impressions/

Internode and their Games On Net(GoN) service are in communication re the possibility of servers!

Make it happen!

"
shlaimon:
GoN contact them to host PoE servers!?

Tim Colwill (GoN):
We have already spoken to GGG, but we weren’t able to come to an agreement yet. It’s not as simple as dedicated servers for, say, TF2, but we are keen to keep working on it with them!
"
This makes a huge difference in moving the impression of the game from ‘cute indie title’ to ‘serious contender’.

Awesome!
“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
—Leo Buscaglia

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!

My beloved pets....

Sounds good, although I do get 60ms to the SG gateway (when the lines are working) so I'm pretty set.
Oceanic based servers would be a massive boon, not just to our (Aussies and Kiwis) latency within the game, but to the game itself.

It would be a massive standout point, easily understood by the ARPG playerbase in our countries that separated it from... other ARPG's out there right now.

I hope GGG and Internode/GoN pull this off. It would get so many people I think currently going through the motions on other ARPG's to really give PoE a good long try.
"
aj83 wrote:
Sounds good, although I do get 60ms to the SG gateway (when the lines are working) so I'm pretty set.

You must be in a great area. Im on adsl2 in aus and i get 250 ping as my lowest.

Cant wait for aus servers. One day...
"Bullshit, you get the game for free." - Qarl 2014
"The 5x Diamond Supporter"
Im so happy that i live in holland i got 32 ms :p
Gl & HF may the rng gods be with you.
"
moijamie wrote:
Im so happy that i live in holland i got 32 ms :p

And shops that sell "special cookies". Dagnamit, Holland is OP. Devs, nerf Holland.
This is amazing news although I'm not going to hold my breath. Yet another reason why I have supported internode for all these years - unmetered PoE!? The mind boggles!
"
XvXReaperXvX wrote:
"
aj83 wrote:

You must be in a great area. Im on adsl2 in aus and i get 250 ping as my lowest.

Cant wait for aus servers. One day...

That's the Singapore cable issue, hopefully fixed in a couple of weeks time. I think I was getting 70ms before the cable broke.

Last game i played on Gon servers was BF3 @ 12-15ms.
It would be absolutely brilliant if this feasibly become a reality.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info