Is There A Reason Minions Are Targetable?

Hi all, I'm fairly new to the world of Wraeclast, jumped ship when I heard beta was opening and have been really loving the game, more than I thought I would actually, I'm hooked!

That being said, I'm still learning things about the game obviously, and something came up tonight while playing with a friend that has me a little confused. He plays heavy summons generally and we noticed that we can both target his minions. Before I speak on how unnecessarily chaotic this makes combat, especially as a melee, I wanted to make sure there wasn't some sort of reason or design intent for this? Is there a way to target and heal them? Or, what am I missing here, because if not, it just makes targeting enemies a nightmare.

Just thought I'd hop on and ask, any insight is appreciated!

it can make it quite difficult, I suggest holding shift a lot if you arent already

I do not know of any skills that can heal minions or buff them or anything by targeting them
The game does not adapt to you, you adapt to it.
Last edited by Delmas on Jan 29, 2013, 3:20:18 AM
Cause theres none.

Its really quite annoying.
GGG - Why you no?
This is probably the most irritating thing in the game. Summoner specced person joins party and trying to use any single target ability becomes a case of hold shift and pray as you cannot target mobs due to stupid minion swarms taking up your mouse target.
plz make minions untargetable GGG thx
lol. Thats funny, for some reason i hadnt even thought about what it must be like for other players. Man, this drives me up the wall playing the summoner, but now you got me thinking, the guy playing his non summoner in the party must be real pissed. haha.
GGG - Why you no?
Last edited by JoannaDark on Jan 29, 2013, 3:50:15 AM
They should be invisible
"
Xou wrote:
They should be invisible

They should not only be untargettable but actually be able to click THROUGH the summons to the mob we actually want to hit. I've spent 20 seconds trying to hit Oak even once cos he was jumping all around the damn place with 2 summoner witches in the party.
IGN : Ericaa
My Store! /108685
My Rain of Arrows Evasion build guide! https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/791798
Twitch! http://www.twitch.tv/samfishersam

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info