The path of exile part one

"
Quantmir wrote:
Very cool, and there's lots of good advice too. The best thing I can suggest is just to make sure you aren't limiting yourself. You may not even realize you're limiting yourself but you should give yourself some freedom. The best example I can think of is just because the game may start with a crash landing on the beach doesn't mean the story can't take place a little beforehand and lead up to the crash landing.

The idea of meeting the other exiled heroes is cool too of course. You can definitely let some friendships and animosities form.

Hmmmmm... didnt think of that. The advantages of a large community :D Time to take this to the drawing board again. I'm going to have like 10 different part ones by the end of it I bet >.<

Still, might make for a good read (or bad) if I post some of the scraped or other possibles that I come up with. but we shall see ;)

"Look at it this way: The longer it takes before you get your key or the game goes to open beta, the better the game will be when you finally get to play!"

quote from Garr0t

Write an outline.

That's bold because it's important. Write an outline. Decide where you want to begin, end, and how you want the character to get there. Decide on conflicts, and on how the gap between getting from start to finish is going to be made interesting for the reader. This involves making the character real and relatable, they have to have failures, and emotions, and they have to interact with people and overcome obstacles and grow as a person in some way during the adventure.

This also involves you knowing your character, and their flaws and weaknesses, and making them face these, so you might be better off creating a character, then an outline, then writing the middle bits in (They're the easy bits.)

It's what I had to do before starting up Walking the Path (http://ryukaki.com shameless plug whee)

You can do flash fiction, as well, where you just write from the seat of your pants, and maybe that's actually better for this situation, because you're not currently aiming to be a professional writer XD

Either way, have fun with it!
My writing/adventures through Path of Exile

http://ryukaki.com
Spoiler
"
Ryukaki wrote:
Write an outline.

That's bold because it's important. Write an outline. Decide where you want to begin, end, and how you want the character to get there. Decide on conflicts, and on how the gap between getting from start to finish is going to be made interesting for the reader. This involves making the character real and relatable, they have to have failures, and emotions, and they have to interact with people and overcome obstacles and grow as a person in some way during the adventure.

This also involves you knowing your character, and their flaws and weaknesses, and making them face these, so you might be better off creating a character, then an outline, then writing the middle bits in (They're the easy bits.)

It's what I had to do before starting up Walking the Path (http://ryukaki.com shameless plug whee)

You can do flash fiction, as well, where you just write from the seat of your pants, and maybe that's actually better for this situation, because you're not currently aiming to be a professional writer XD

Either way, have fun with it!

Thanks again for some high quality advice on how to get this story working Ryukaki! I've worked a little on a char plan and I think with that, and outlining it will help loads. Another thanks to everyone else who has commented on this page and I'm working hard on getting something good out for you all to hopefully enjoy.

and yay spoilers :)

"Look at it this way: The longer it takes before you get your key or the game goes to open beta, the better the game will be when you finally get to play!"

quote from Garr0t

"
Erik wrote:
Great stuff! It might be interesting to include some of her thoughts about other exiles that stands out from the crowd on the boat. Maybe she was brushed aside by a gigantic dark man with tribal tattoos, or perhaps she noticed a particularly handsome swordsman? :)

Keep up the good work!

Named Erik? Would the story then be integrated into the game's official lore?

/poke fun
IRON MAN
So, after finally getting home from my after school stuffs, I have what I think to be my final rewrite of this part >.< Its almost there, maybe 20 mins of dedicated writing will finish the part and I can get working on part 2.

Now that I think of it though... I need to start rewatching some PoE vids, cause I dont remember enough of the game after the shore encampment to continue writing the story past part 3 or 4. The disadvantage of doing this while not in the beta I suppose...

quote from Garr0t

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info