[1.1] 2h Spectral Throw Build

Hi,

I tried to find a solid 2h Spectral Throw Build/Guide since the new leaques startet, but there are none. Maybe we could start here and make some new Build or a Guide together.

So I startet off and gathered some information to build something myself. This is my suggestion for a 2h Spectral Throw Build with a 2h Sword:

You can switch it to 2h maces and 2h axes easily. For Aura I'm planning on Clarity + Hatred, but open to any suggestions.

I hope this is good for the 1st Char in a new leaque. For feedback i would be grateful since this is my first Spectral Throw Char.

Last edited by Leifstream on Mar 8, 2014, 6:02:01 AM
Why do you do Lava Lash if you plan on doing Hatred for an aura?
That's a good question! :)

Do you think Clarity and Hatred are good to go or should i thinking about Anger?
Looking at that build, do you believe Accuracy might be a problem? I generally build around Resolute Technique. Sure it means no crits, but accuracy can easily become a problem otherwise.

This is the build I am working towards:

My build does not focus on any particular weapon, but it does allow for 31 free points to be allocated wherever you like. It has low accuracy, but with RT that becomes moot. Ideally I would be running Spectral Throw + Lesser Multiple Projectiles + Added Fire Damage + an Elemental Damage boost gem* + a Projectile Damage boost gem*.

*I have these 2 gems, I just cannot recall their names this moment.

My build was originally inspired by this build:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/547971

Thoughts?
I think it's a good one, personally i wouldn't go up the Maurauder tree, maybee i will do a version with resolute technique. But you waste 3 points in the Maurauder tree just to get to enforcer.

When you still want to do it i varied your build a bit at in the lower middle area where you can get more damage

For Accuracy: I hope the Sword and 2h Points like Two Handed Weapon Damage and Accuracy, Axe and Sword Accuracy, Executioner, Sword Damage and Accuracy will provide enough Accuracy.
Last edited by Leifstream on Mar 8, 2014, 9:03:16 AM
"
Leifstream wrote:
I think it's a good one, personally i wouldn't go up the Maurauder tree, maybee i will do a version with resolute technique. But you waste 3 points in the Maurauder tree just to get to enforcer.

Thanks for pointing that out, that looks to be a mistake on my part as I misread the tooltip on Enforcer, which leads me to the next bit....

"
Leifstream wrote:
When you still want to do it i varied your build a bit at in the lower middle area where you can get more damage

I notice you take Master of The Arena. This has the same problem as Enforcer and even Executioner.
Essentially, Spectral Throw is a Physical Projectile skill. It gains no benefit from nodes that specify melee damage. Nodes that increase Physical damage, and nodes that increase Projectile damage will give as a DPS boost, but melee is out of the window.

So, looking at Executioner:
12% increased Physical Damage with Two Handed Melee Weapons
20% increased Accuracy Rating with Two Handed Melee Weapons

1. The 12% increase will apply to the held weapon, and indeed any melee gems such as Heavy Blow/Strike (the name escapes me too >.>). Again though, Spectral Throw will not gain any damage.
2. The increase to Accuracy will not help your Spectral Throw. It will only apply to melee attacks and melee gems, much like the above bonus.

next, checking out Master of the Arena:
8% increase to Melee Physical Damage
+2 to Melee Weapon and Unarmed range
+20 Strength

1. That Melee restriction is a problem again.
2. The range will not increase Spectral Throw range. We need a Projectile node for this.
3. Always nice, but arguable if this node is the best choice.

And then Enforcer:
18% increased Physical Damage with Two Handed Melee Weapons
+20 to Strength

1. That 18% is just as useful to Spectral Throw as a bow is to a Rhoa (not very). Again, no benefit to our Throw as it is restricted to melee.
2. The Strength is nice, but there are better ways to get it.

So naturally the melee bonuses are good if you plan on supplementing damage with a melee-centric skill such as Ground Slam or a Heavy Strike, but it serves no gain for our Throw.

Just figured I would put that out there, as a good few people don't realize that little catch with Spectral Throw. I will suss out my proposed build and make something a bit more useful.
Last edited by TheDarklite on Mar 8, 2014, 9:09:53 PM
"
TheDarklite wrote:

1. The 12% increase will apply to the held weapon, and indeed any melee gems such as Heavy Blow/Strike (the name escapes me too >.>). Again though, Spectral Throw will not gain any damage.
2. The increase to Accuracy will not help your Spectral Throw. It will only apply to melee attacks and melee gems, much like the above bonus.

Wrong and wrong (check the Spectral Throw gem discussion thread). Because Spectral Throwing a 2H sword is doing Physical Damage with a 2H Melee Weapon, it gains both benefits from Executioner.

The comments about Enforcer are also wrong. Spectral Throw will gain +18% Increased Physical Damage from that passive.

The passive bonus that does not benefit Spectral Throw is "+X% Increased Melee Physical Damage".
This is my current build.

I play with a 2H axe, ST and cyclone. Till now i use haste as aura, but i don't know what's better.
I have CWDT + enduring cry + molten shield + raise zombie (best way imho to remove corpses from ground, to avoid explosions/revive/enemies that eat them)

My equip sucks, that my problem. I would need a kaom's primacy, at least a 5L piece, and more elemental resistances, but i can't find nothing.

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAdwB5wUtDjwS4RNMGj4b-iSbJd8m-CcvKS4ppTBPMHcyCTJ-NZI26DpSPfxAoEF0QzFGaUd-SshOKlRJWK9aUl8_YEthIWVNZadl8GqTbEZuaW6qcmx07XgNeu98uICKguSE2YTvhmCHaoqvjM-QEZBslK2Vm5tdnrmfy6QZqJqpbqmUtfK2Qbyfvoq-p8APwQTBo8S40k3S6tXt1fjcc-Jh45_vDvGs8i_yl_ZI900=

"
I notice you take Master of The Arena. This has the same problem as Enforcer and even Executioner.

Is usually the fastest way to move between other nodes.

"
Qhorrin wrote:
"
TheDarklite wrote:

Wrong and wrong (check the Spectral Throw gem discussion thread). Because Spectral Throwing a 2H sword is doing Physical Damage with a 2H Melee Weapon, it gains both benefits from Executioner.

The comments about Enforcer are also wrong. Spectral Throw will gain +18% Increased Physical Damage from that passive.

The passive bonus that does not benefit Spectral Throw is "+X% Increased Melee Physical Damage".

Looks like I got up too early in the morning to write all of that out! Indeed mentioning Executioner did not even make sense in the context I was using.

So Spectral Throw will benefit indirectly from a passive that has "18% increased Physical Damage with Two Handed Melee Weapons" (as in, it's damage is derived from the total DPS of the weapon, thus increasing DPS of the base weapon increases ST - Makes sense)?

Looks like I do need to read up on it some more, my mis-information is coming from very early discussion from back when Spectral Throw/Scion first released.

My apologies :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info