[1.2.0] Rampage/Beyond - Exiled Fiery Dragons (self-found / newbie friendly / hc tested)

Hi,

I play this build and enjoy it greatly, so first of all thank you for the updated skill tree!
On second note, I realized that you left out the two totem buffing clusters (Shamanistic Fury and Ironwood) from the new build. Do you think they won't need for the dmg output/survivalabilty of the totems?
Any thought of making this CI viable?
Is there a viable Scion build for this? (In 1.15 & 1.2)
IGN:
Gohanwasjobbed Legacy SC : L83 HoWA CI ST Raider
Sinner_Mighty Beyond HC: L90 EB/AA/6L Cloak Dual Crit Flame Totem Witch
"
halaci wrote:
Hi,

I play this build and enjoy it greatly, so first of all thank you for the updated skill tree!
On second note, I realized that you left out the two totem buffing clusters (Shamanistic Fury and Ironwood) from the new build. Do you think they won't need for the dmg output/survivalabilty of the totems?

You can get them afterwards, but for me at least, ironwood is too many nodes away, and shamanistic fury is 3 points for which its better to take 3 witch spelldmg nodes, even 3 4% cast speed nodes Id say.

"
kallell wrote:
Any thought of making this CI viable?

IMO Any build that cant leech instanly from melee, or very good from ranged is better off life. Hence imo Trappers, Totem builds and summoners are better of life. Since 1.2.0 life has been buffed as well, so CI buff talk you hear, league of CI its just easier to stack ES in 1.2.0. You can make it, but unless investing insane amount of currency its better off going life. A lot better, new flasks are insane, literary insane.

Also think this, drop discipline... and get good ES gear with as high life as you can, and run only clarity with uber regen from tree/gear with Cloak of Defiance, I bet you can easily get 9k or higher effective life... that has insane regen, more than you could get from ZO. :)

P.S. Summoners can be better CI, out of nonleech ones... and crit totems, but only with Shavs, uber gear etc. I personally dont like CI for non leech builds, just bad.

"
Sinnermighty wrote:
Is there a viable Scion build for this? (In 1.15 & 1.2)

If you want to level a scion just for the sake of it... Sure, just go from mana nodes 20% regen one I think and head for templar life(go life regen if you dont plan on Cloak, life regen doesnt hurt), el. dmg and Ancenstral bond. Less optimal, and bit harder to level, but if you played this build before you should be just fine. :)

Hope that helps guys,
HAVE FUN,
GoranH.
[1.1.0] Invasion/Ambush - Exiled Fiery Dragons (self-found / newbie friendly / invasion tested)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/816814
Last edited by GoranH on Aug 18, 2014, 7:02:47 PM
Thanks for the answer, but the "even the 3 4% cast speed nodes" part brought up another - probably very-very noob - question: does it mean that faster casting is applied to the totems' flame casting?

I thought it is applied to my casting speed of placing the totems, hence I didn't care about that. (I told you it's a noob question!)
"
halaci wrote:
Thanks for the answer, but the "even the 3 4% cast speed nodes" part brought up another - probably very-very noob - question: does it mean that faster casting is applied to the totems' flame casting?

I thought it is applied to my casting speed of placing the totems, hence I didn't care about that. (I told you it's a noob question!)

One thing to note, just ask. I for one at the start just disregarded the difference between more & increased amongst other things (like saying when starting PoE meh who needs life/res, I'm good... 500 deaths later...) So all questions are welcome!

So...
14% Inc. Casting Speed For Summoning Totem = Totem Summon Speed

Spells Cast by Totems have 4% Inc. Cast Speed = Cast speed that applies to spells cast by totems (Be it fire totem, spell totem etc.).

4% Cast Speed = Node that applies to your character, but like spell dmg you pick from your tree, it affects your totem as well.

Hope that helps,
Have fun!
GoranH.
[1.1.0] Invasion/Ambush - Exiled Fiery Dragons (self-found / newbie friendly / invasion tested)
Hey Goran, its awesome that you respond so much in this thread.

Sorry if this has been asked already, but for 1.2 are ice nova/flameblast still the best skills to use for leveling until getting to cruel?
"
Antiself wrote:
Hey Goran, its awesome that you respond so much in this thread.

Sorry if this has been asked already, but for 1.2 are ice nova/flameblast still the best skills to use for leveling until getting to cruel?

Those two are still good, but lets see.

Freeze pulse got a huge buff, and apart from that, nothing much thats notable to a leveling caster. So yeah, ice nova got a buff as well, so.... and afterwards, flameblast away. ;)

For pack clear meaning faster leveling without support gems, ice nova all the way imo.

Anytime I`m available I`ll be answering. Been working on a new guide that I`m gonna try so that takes most of my game time... heh Day to go, hyped!!!

Have fun,
GoranH.
Maybe a silly question, but why you don't take the fire damage nodes up there on the tree? any specific reason? thanks!
Wthyr
so is this even viable now after the patch?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info