[1.2.0] Rampage/Beyond - Exiled Fiery Dragons (self-found / newbie friendly / hc tested)

Was wondering... did u tested point blank? flame totems does more dmg at close combat anyway, and unless u planning using knockback+faster proj for keeping monsters at bay, wouldnt it be a huge dmg increase? could be using point blank support gem, or the node wich is 3 points away in the MoM route.

Also what about the Mana geiser + Charisma nodes path? reducing the amount of mana reserves+giving more boost to 3 auras like clarity+grace+discipline isnt nice?

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBAuMFWwdjB6UQzBRNFSAY2xmFGYYZiho4Gmwajx8CJKoo-ilPKhMqTSu2LJwspyzpLR81kjbFNuk_J0GHRKtFnUbXSRtJskp9SshVrlXGVi1XK1nzWitbr13GYG1noG0ZbqpzU3TxeqqCEIIegpuCx4M4hTKHZYd2iPGLjIxGj0aPppBVmuCbtZwtnYCdrqIAo_KnCKeEp5SsR6x_r7e1BLXytz64k8AawFTB88M6xq7KSs9l0NDR_dgk2wvdDd3z37Dhc-Nq5CLrLOvu7DjtIPPd9tr4k_no-wn8xf4K

On the soul mantle i think is a bad idea as there is really no way to counter a stack of lvl 20 curses every time a totem dies (mirror doesnt work, and thief ring cuts them to 50%, cant think of an effective way of dealing with it so no thx...)

So considering Mom node, wich armour do u think is best? infernal mantle+safell? carcass? just the mom armor so u dont need to go that route?

Also why the +2 fire gems on a weapon? isnt that useless considering u wont have more than 3L, so u wont have there your totem, maybe u can have there a molten shell or a flameblast... but thats it.

Bought 2 wands:

Clearly for me the winner is the first one, more spell dmg, more faster proj, the other has more cast speed and +1 fire. so i dont really get it why +1 or +2 fire is that worth
Last edited by sirdaxman on Mar 31, 2014, 1:22:40 PM
Wiki says that Point Blank works only with attacks, and spells are not attacks.
Last edited by Ninurto on Mar 31, 2014, 4:33:18 PM
"
sirdaxman wrote:

I'd say without a doubt Cloak of Defiance, if you were going MoM anyways.

Charisma and Mana geyser are a no go in my book, too many skill points wasted. And the benefits from mana reserve/aura nodes etc. would be small. I'd rather grab mana cluster by "Shaper" that get mana geyser. Better option is to get life/mana/mana regen cluster by shadow. ;)

+2 fire on weapon just for leveling stages. For flameblast/searing bond really.

First wand is better.
[1.1.0] Invasion/Ambush - Exiled Fiery Dragons (self-found / newbie friendly / invasion tested)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/816814
"
Ninurto wrote:
Wiki says that Point Blank works only with attacks, and spells are not attacks.

Thanks for helping me out with replies in last pages. Appreciated. ;)
[1.1.0] Invasion/Ambush - Exiled Fiery Dragons (self-found / newbie friendly / invasion tested)
Just bought a Cloak of Defiance for 27c and 17 alch, so around 36c more or less, trying to get 6s it atm while lvling. currently lvl 27. Tanky as hell and killing all in 1 hit or 2 max with flameblast.Really nice spell+mana regen boost starting as witch. This is my basic build:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBAuMEswVbB2MHpQj0EMwUTRZvGYUaOBpsHwIkqij6KU8qEyu2LJwspy0fMYg2xTbpQYdEq0WdRtdJG0myVa5VxlcrWfNaK13GYG1tGXNTeQN6qoIQgh6Cm4LHgziHZYjxi4yMRo9Gj6aQVZrgnC2dgJ2uogCj8qcIp4SnlK-3tQS3PriTwBrAVMHzxq7PZdDQ0f3YJNrd2wvd89-w4XPjauQi6-7sOO0g8B_z3fiT-ej-Cg==

From there i will just grab some totem dmg nodes, and might go on scion hp nodes and grab path of the warrior node.

I might missed it, but why ironwood is a no go? did they nerfed something? or its too much road for little reward?
Last edited by sirdaxman on Mar 31, 2014, 6:52:01 PM
"
GoranH wrote:
Thanks for helping me out with replies in last pages. Appreciated. ;)

Glad to be of assistance, and thank you for really good build.

"
sirdaxman wrote:
I might missed it, but why ironwood is a no go? did they nerfed something? or its too much road for little reward?

I think that in the moment you can safely support summoning totems (that is you can spam them without losing mana), their tankiness is not so important anymore. Ironwood cost you 8 points and you don't get that much from it (well you have 25 life from strength but...), you can spend them better in my opinion (for comparison: Dual+Perma Curse cost you 9 points). So I think that Ironwood is just not worth it.
Last edited by Ninurto on Apr 1, 2014, 3:25:46 AM
Interesting choices:
1º Dual perma curses (enfeeble+flammability). Also in the route there is Static Blows node, if im not wrong, u can pick those 2 nodes and have 20% chance to shock on every hit flame totems does? increasing totems overall damage?.

2º Deep thoughts node, but seems too much points for that extra max mana and mana regen.

3º Doom cast node, gives a lot of spell crit, (increasing crit chance for flame totems?) and in the same way Bloodthirst and Assassination nodes. Considering how fast totems attacks, would it be a nice dmg boost? (for example, crit gives ignite, and shock if picking static blows, and might even freeze if getting some cold dmg like added cold support)

4º Influence node gives more juice for clarity, discipline, and grace or determination (by the way, wich one would be better?) If running 3 auras. And they are in the Bloodthirst way. Same goes for Inner Force node.

5º Clear mind (+16% chaos res) + those life+mana nodes are also appealing, but they cost some points to reach.

6º Its better to reach path of the warrior node (scion hp nodes) or Written in blood node (witch area)? written cost 5 skill points and gives 32% max hp, and 50 str. Path of the warrior cost 4 skill points and gives 18% max hp and 20 str and 20hp.

7º What about shield nodes? We are using shield anyway, so why dont get some more block chance? for example Bulwark node is 4 skill points away, resulting in 8% more block. There is also a way bottom that gives u a big 4 block node on the marauder starting area, and then u can go and grab all the hp and max res there. Also a 10 life on kill node around (wich would heal totems everytime they kill if im not wrong). Phalanx node in the north west part gives more block chance and 20% ele resist while holding a shield.

8º A 8% increased fire dmg node, gives the same dmg boost than a 8% increased totem dmg node?Inmolation node gives 18% fire dmg, but i dont know if those are really needed for end game mapping and so.

Im sorry if i overthink too much about the choices but this is the most fun for me, and this is what makes poe better than Diablo 3.
Since we are striving for ability to totem spam... heading iron wood, even though there are nice close nodes for dmg/life is a bit inneficient.

1* You can dual curse, sure if you feel you got survivability going. Get a deodre's ring.
As for static blows, in general for white and some blue mobs.. ok for others, dmg is kinda too low for shocking. Dual curse is better for that' or tri curse with something like Vuln. heh

3* Not focusing on crit side of things in here.

4* Not aura intensive build.

5* They do cost some points but are worth it imo as a valid option, and that 30dex node, and life nodes near it.

6* If you got 10 int node near alacrity, written in blood is better if not... it's balanced.

7* I was focused on spike dmg, so dodge/block weren't on my mind. As stuff that will most likely kill you is huge burst of dmg... and I prefer bigger life pool than let's say 10% block chance, as block is sketchy and we're usual not in dangers harm. Not a block build, you can try and get block and strides/lahzar, but I'd say Cloak of Defiance is a better alternative. ;)

8* From my small scale testing, totem dmg nodes give more dmg per %.

P.S. As long as I'm not too bored by your wall of text... I'll answer. Point... try and keep them short. ;)
EDIT: This is meant as a guide... not a 100% must follow instruction book. I choose what I choose because I thought it suited best my playstyle, if someone feels otherwise, they are free to consult or suggest, if I feel suggestion is good I'll add it to the guide, if not they are free to try it out on their own regardless. :)

Last edited by GoranH on Apr 1, 2014, 6:31:58 AM
Finishing act 3 normal (inv) with a cup of tea and bunch of ice cream, so yeah this build works perfect for me=) Have 1.3k hp pool and about 90% resists so next level they will be near cap at the begining. And my party also like my totems=)

But i have some Q

1. When its time to pick astral bound?
2.Dont decided about EB no energy shield seems pretty scary to me heh, and is it really worth not to go MOM route?
3. About unique staff, just get this gloves, what you think abou it ?
"
BullRush wrote:
Finishing act 3 normal (inv) with a cup of tea and bunch of ice cream, so yeah this build works perfect for me=) Have 1.3k hp pool and about 90% resists so next level they will be near cap at the begining. And my party also like my totems=)

But i have some Q

1. When its time to pick astral bound?
2.Dont decided about EB no energy shield seems pretty scary to me heh, and is it really worth not to go MOM route?
3. About unique staff, just get this gloves, what you think abou it ?

1. For me when you feel like it. I suggest when you lmp totems do 200+ dmg, maybe 250+ then spend some time learning to play as dual totem.

2. Yes, it's needed for mana/mana regen. That's why we focus on life so much, and also there's a MoM option I added if you feel like you should go that route. :) Downsides are lower AA level, less totem spamming when monsters are hitting you, and possible mana issues on occasion, upside is very good on other hand especially in hc leagues, that you can take higher ammount of spike dmg when it occurs. Then I'd suggest dropping determination, so lower mana regen, as you'll need to have 1k+ mana after reserve to make it more effective, and no additional aura's possible, like now I can add any purity without trouble.

3. Test them yourself, if you totem dmg is better with them, and you don't have res issues use them. Later on, pair of res + life gloves is a lot better option. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info