Shock stacks. What is it?

what is "shock stacks"? people get shock nova to get shock stacks, i don't know what this means
Fire burns people. Cold chills and freezes people. Lightning shocks people.

The effect of shock is that it makes the target take 40% more from all incoming damage sources. You can shock something up to three times, hence the term 'shock stacks'. After an enemy has 3 shock stacks, it's taking 2.2x more damage than normal, which is incredibly strong.
A 'stack' is just a given effect applied to the target several times. Shock can stack three times, each time increasing damage taken by 40%, for a total of 120% increased damage from all sources.
95% of all statistics I use are backed up by SCIENCE.
does all lightning spells create a shock stack or only some? i.e. does LS create stacks of shock?
Last edited by Quitetriggered on Jan 28, 2013, 9:18:35 PM
All elemental spells will apply status effects when they crit.

http://pathofexile.wikia.com/wiki/Elemental_Status_Effects
"
Thernys wrote:
A 'stack' is just a given effect applied to the target several times. Shock can stack three times, each time increasing damage taken by 40%, for a total of 120% increased damage from all sources.

Nitpicking, but it's 40%, 80%, 120% more damage, not increased damage. Increased is additive with other 'increased' sources, more is always multiplicative.

"
does all lightning spells create a shock stack or only some? i.e. does LS create stacks of shock?

All lightning damage can shock an enemy. Shock is created normally on crits, and there are various other ways to shock without crits (check out the Static Blows passive cluster, the 10% on the Arc gem, the Shock notable passive is Shadow's starting area).
Shock can also afflict players with the same mechanics. You'll see it in the top left. If you see the shock stacks piling up on your character, take evasive action and try not to get hit until they wear off, or you'll really suffer!
NM Answered
Last edited by MaliceandMayhem on Jan 27, 2015, 3:24:56 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info