Fragment drop + Statistical Info + Graphs

Hello,

I've made 642 instance runs to search for Corrupted areas, Vaal skills and the 4 fragments that make the mask. I did all the runs in Act 2 Merciless. From 642 runs i found 88 corrupted areas.

I've made runs looking for corrupted areas and reseted the instances until one corrupted area spawns.
Below is a graph representing the number of resets required to find a corrupted area and the distribution of such areas.

I found a total of 49 Fragments from the mask.

33 Sacrifice at Dusk fragments
13 Sacrifice at Dawn fragments
3 Sacrifice at Noon fragments

55.68% of the drops were fragment drops. 37.5% of the drops were Dusk fragments.

Reading all my data i can safely assume 2 things:
1- the fragment drops from the boxes are not "rare drop"
2- not all the fragments have an equal chance to drop.

Around 50% of the time the reward for your effort will be a scroll fragment. This is exactly how much the Dusk fragment worths. This is not fair RNG. Player's effort is not rewarded.

Cris, you lied about the drop frequency. The "common" fragments drop and they have no value. This is another trick to keep us engaged without any reword mechanic.

This in not a QQ thread.I'm just sad to see the direction this amazing game is taking. For some aspects of this patch, GGG team should be ashamed...

"
Jonathan wrote:
You might want to revisit your assumption that excess fragments are worthless.

PS
I have to admit i can be very wrong about the value of the common fragments. If this is the case i apologize for my rushed judgment.

This is the Internet and we have a saying, women are men, men are men and the little girls are FBI agents.
Last edited by karakay on Mar 6, 2014, 10:16:41 PM
Blizzard style
I'm a savage, I'm a king
I fought deceivers
I conquered evil
I understand the concept that they want to keep the hamsters on the wheel, but I'm a little confused about this post -- can you explain further?

personally, I think this is a pretty cool patch --- adds challenge, encourages players to group and grow out their friends list, and initiates players into mapping.
thought the whole thing was pretty creative.

def thx for the empirical stuff, btw.
and I notice no midnights.....
Last edited by EomMage on Mar 6, 2014, 9:16:18 PM
He's basically pointing out that while the fragments are consumed at the same rate, they're produced at vastly different rates. The more common ones are going to pile up and be worthless, while the rare one is the only one that retains value. It's kind of like the monopoly game at McDonalds. After a few visits, you know which tokens to throw out.
I'm just upset that i have nothing to show for my effort. I wanted to go to see the 4 tit lady.. I really really wanted and I farmed hard for that.
I'm upset that on the fragments proper RNG is not used. I feel a little cheated. The fragments supposed to be rare drop and I foolishly assumed equal small chance to get all 4.
This is the Internet and we have a saying, women are men, men are men and the little girls are FBI agents.
very creative
You won't have my gear.
Maybe was cause he was farming same corrupted area boss, everytime. And the fragments are bias toward corrupted area.

Just maybe...

Farm another area, and brings us results...
IGN: Pumar, Pumam , PumarR , PumaPunch , PumaWander , PumaCleave, PumaSlams
Last edited by ropumar on Mar 6, 2014, 9:29:01 PM
"
ropumar wrote:
Maybe was cause he was farming same corrupted area boss, everytime. And the fragments are bias toward corrupted area.

Just maybe...

Farm another area, and brings us results...

I've farmed most of the areas in Act 2, not only one boss.
The thing is the trade chat is full of players wanting to trade dusk and down for the other 2 fragments...
That is a good point.. Perhaps different fragments have higher or lower drop rates in different acts. The rare one might have a high drop rate in act 1 or 3? The RNG gods could also be pissing on you from a great height. They do like to do that.
longevity of the game is maintained when players want to grind longer and harder.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info