new waypoint art

I love the new design except for that white ring that shows your mouse is over the way point. I get they have to show something to indicate you're mousing over it but it seems a bit crude compared to the high quality art of the actual way point. Similar to how mousing over a zone entrance covers the beautiful graphics with a crude block of white.
I have to admit they are too bloomy. Problem is there is no way to increase or decrease how much bloom an object receives. I love what they look like in dark environments but man in the brighter areas they go bright white and huge.

I Could make them dimmer and so on but we were trying to make them stand out even when activated.
I like all the fluffy animals[img]http://i.imgur.com/mO8dR.png[\img]
y im slept?
Hi

Liking the wp changes, also noticed some of the MT's look different(verdant,arcane) among many other sublte changes in new leagues

cheers
Conan: Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
Never dance with the Devil because a dance with the Devil could last you forever...
-I thought what I'd do was,I'd Pretend I was one of those deaf mutes-
Nullus Anxietas:)
I just want to add to this conversation that as much as I love the new effect there is one issue. We lost the directional hint on Ledge :{
It itches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love this new waypoint, but is it planned to remove the blank when mouseover an entrance area and make a nice particle effect as well?
Sorry for my english
I really like the new waypoint effect, with the blue glow and the visible activation state, that's a strong positive for the game.

However, I'm a bit saddened by the loss of the area-appropriate waypoint art. Act 1 is by the sea, so it had seashell-shaped waypoints rough-hewn from the rock. Act 2 is in the outskirts of the Eternal Empire, so its waypoints were better-constructed than Act 1's, but still pretty cheap. Act 3 was the heart of the Empire, and its waypoints were mostly constructed by well-paid expert masons and locomancers, and some of them (like in Lunaris an Solaris) were goddamn masterpieces of opulence.

I haven't played much SotV yet, but I see that now Lioneye's Watch and Mud Flats have Act 3-style fancy stone waypoints, which... doesn't make a whole lot of sense. I mean, look at how weather-beaten and eroded the rest of Lioneye's is, it just doesn't make sense that the waypoint, closest to the sea and exposed to the open air, would still be so shiny and crisp. The old waypoint at Lioneye's at least looked like something that had been exposed to the elements for two hundred years.
"
Russell wrote:
I have to admit they are too bloomy. Problem is there is no way to increase or decrease how much bloom an object receives. I love what they look like in dark environments but man in the brighter areas they go bright white and huge.

I Could make them dimmer and so on but we were trying to make them stand out even when activated.
Sad to hear, but it is what it is. hopefully in the future there will be tech that will enable you to further tweak/refine it.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
"
Russell wrote:

Why not just create two different types of Waypoint effects via one specifically for Waypoints in dark areas, and one specifically for Waypoints in brighter areas.

In other words, one Waypoint effect would be darker in brighter areas, and the other Waypoint effect would be brighter in darker areas.

You would then have a dimmed version of the effect, and a non-dimmed version of the effect.

Problem solved; no sophisticated tech required.
When game developers ignore the criticism that would improve their game, the game fails.
Just because a game receives a great amount of praise vs. only a small amount of criticism
does not mean to call it a day and make a foolish misplaced assumption that it is perfect.
(me)
Last edited by HeavyMetalGear on Mar 7, 2014, 2:43:35 PM
"
Russell wrote:

The new WP art is a step in the right direction. Now you have to get rid of these horrible ugly white doorway/entrance highlights. Seriously, who kept THAT in the (post beta)game? O.o" My "view of a graphics-guy" always screams in pain when it sees that plain white highlighting. ^^""

Here, this is how a proper entrance highlight could look:

*colour may vary

With such an outstanding portal you don't need any additional highlight effects! ;)

"
Fusion_Power wrote:
"
Russell wrote:

The new WP art is a step in the right direction. Now you have to get rid of these horrible ugly white doorway/entrance highlights. Seriously, who kept THAT in the (post beta)game? O.o" My "view of a graphics-guy" always screams in pain when it sees that plain white highlighting. ^^""

Here, this is how a proper entrance highlight could look:

*colour may vary

With such an outstanding portal you don't need any additional highlight effects! ;)

So much agree. This white level entrace just screams "THIS IS STILL AN ALPHA". -_-
Can't believe it is still in the game...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info