Vaal Orbs will be used on gg items

First thing I plan to use a vaal orb on is :



2nd/3rd/4th:


This game is all a gamble. Each time you spend currency on a map you're gambling. Each time you craft an item you're gambling. Each time you log in to grind for eight hours you are gambling that this might be the one time out of a million times a billion times a trillion that you will loot a mirror of kalandra. Might as well embrace the insanity of RNG. Who's with me!?

/notashamed.
Last edited by cathartist on March 5, 2014 3:17 PM
"
tikitaki wrote:
Actually, I think you're the one who needs to read my original post in this thread - because you're both parroting crap I already stated.

"Too expensive" and "Not worth it" are two excuses that have never held the masses back from experimenting in PoE.

The same was said of eternal/exalting. People did it anyways. Kripp is on record for once saying that no item would ever be worth mirroring, ever.

If you don't think people will corrupt their godly rares, you are insane. It will be done.


Lol im about to shut you up for good.

The only reason people use exalts is because they have eternal back-ups. Before eternals everyone was scared to use exalts on their gg gear in fear of ruining it forever, then eternals were released and bam a whole new meaning of gg item came into play.

You honestly believe people would risk some of the best items in the game for a chance, to make that item a little bit better, and ruining all chances of reusing that item for a different build, or even trading that item in some cases?
@ToNotBeDetermined
"
tikitaki wrote:
"
Does somebody knows what can be the possible outcomes from a vaal orb on equipment? What are the possible mods that can "ruin" a piece of, let's say, body armor, or improve it?


"Exotic configurations."

So far we've seen culling strike intrinsic on a weapon, white sockets, and elemental damage leech on an amulet. Maybe a couple others I can't remember. They only shared a few.

White sockets are one of the more interesting ones because they can be both a great roll and a horrible roll depending on the nature of the item.

You will have to wait until after the patch and people start compiling a full list to really see.

"
XMadness89 wrote:
People make the best profit from mirroring their item. Why corrupt it when you can't offer a mirror service? Even if you get insanely lucky with it, would you pay 400+ for an item? You can make your own mirror worthy for less than 150ex.......


They would pay more because it's better. You can't corrupt a mirrored item.

An original copy GG item that got corrupted with some ridiculous modifier would be worth much much much more than it was previously.

This is intuitively obvious to me, because that's how it always is in these types of games. If it's better - it's worth more.

Yes, you could take your 150 ex and make your own "mirror worthy" item - but it won't be as good as that corrupted one.


Please make your own mirror worthy and gamble. Chris had already said the huge bracket of possibilities for corrupting gear. Landing the most desirable mod seems like landing emperors mod (if you know what crafting is). Also, with top tier crit multi being removed. The best weapons will never be beaten. Please don't talk as if you're representing the best craters in the community. No one would want to lose their mirror service fee for gambling. You can't even change socket color on them. Remember, why corrupt legacy rolled mirror worthy...........
"
tikitaki wrote:
"
Veta321 wrote:
This was my thinking as well. In concept it's a brilliant form of item consumption which will serve to stabilize the in game economy, or at least prolong stability.

In practice I suspect you are right. It will be used exclusively on high end uniques and maps, and its most beneficial role, as a second tier rare sink, will hardly be realized. It's more than likely most players will be trading away their Vaal Orbs (as they do all their high tier orbs) to players who can properly utilize them to their best effect.

If Vaals are used on rares, however, it will prove valuable to all players collectively. That is because Vaal Orbs will potentially sink items. Even if an individual isn't using Vaals he will benefit from the diminished market saturation that results from rare item consumption, making the loot and items generated from subsequent farming and crafting more rewarding.


I thought the primary Vaal Orb sink would be Gems.

Can't you just spam them on L20 gems until you get one to go up to L21? Seems like it will be another mandatory grind step for min/maxing a build.

You are right that initially Vaal Orbs will be used on gems. After all the benefits of level 21 or 23%q or some other such property bonus are highly desirable to most builds. That said, after this initial gem frenzy passes my suspicion is that marginal Vaal Orb usage will be dominated by uniques, maps and potentially second tier rares, in that order. The standard leagues will likely see some usage in BIS items, simply by virtue of the massive market saturation that exists and ultimately the highest tier items will be corrupted versions of what once were "mirror worthy" items.
Want to Fix the Economy, Bad Loot, Trade and Legacy PvP? pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/548056
Open Letter to Qarl on Crafting Value pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/805434
Biggest Problem with Mapping: Inconsistent Risk to Reward pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/612507
"
Veta321 wrote:
"
tikitaki wrote:
"
Veta321 wrote:
This was my thinking as well. In concept it's a brilliant form of item consumption which will serve to stabilize the in game economy, or at least prolong stability.

In practice I suspect you are right. It will be used exclusively on high end uniques and maps, and its most beneficial role, as a second tier rare sink, will hardly be realized. It's more than likely most players will be trading away their Vaal Orbs (as they do all their high tier orbs) to players who can properly utilize them to their best effect.

If Vaals are used on rares, however, it will prove valuable to all players collectively. That is because Vaal Orbs will potentially sink items. Even if an individual isn't using Vaals he will benefit from the diminished market saturation that results from rare item consumption, making the loot and items generated from subsequent farming and crafting more rewarding.


I thought the primary Vaal Orb sink would be Gems.

Can't you just spam them on L20 gems until you get one to go up to L21? Seems like it will be another mandatory grind step for min/maxing a build.

You are right that initially Vaal Orbs will be used on gems. After all the benefits of level 21 or 23%q or some other such property bonus are highly desirable to most builds. That said, after this initial gem frenzy passes my suspicion is that marginal Vaal Orb usage will be dominated by uniques, maps and potentially second tier rares, in that order. The standard leagues will likely see some usage in BIS items, simply by virtue of the massive market saturation that exists and ultimately the highest tier items will be corrupted versions of what once were "mirror worthy" items.


I agree with this, if you replace "standard league" with "legacy league."

Even in Hardcore by this point things have become saturated. There's just lots of items in legacy leagues now.

A lot of people seem to be pointing a finger at me acting as if I'm trying to force them to use a Vaal Orb on their "mirror worthy" *cough* items.

Obviously I'm not - I just made this thread as a counter to the people all claiming "nobody will use a Vaal Orb on a GG item ever" -- which is obviously completely false.
"
iamstryker wrote:
"
ziggro wrote:
oh man im gonna corrupt my legacy bor and my legacy Aegis for sure!!



you might want to wait and see what other negative things might happen if you do that...

Thats the fun part.
IGN: Ziggro

Guilda BR - http://tinyurl.com/OblivionGuildPoe
"
ziggro wrote:
"
iamstryker wrote:
"
ziggro wrote:
oh man im gonna corrupt my legacy bor and my legacy Aegis for sure!!



you might want to wait and see what other negative things might happen if you do that...

Thats the fun part.


In retrospect, depending on corruption mods available, something like legacy Rainbowstride might actually be worth corrupting for some people. 4 colors isn't all that restricting.
"
Isbox1 wrote:
Other thing to note with Vaal Orbs: they are only available in corrupted areas which populate roughly once an hour of play... and only then do you have a chance to get the orbs on roughly the same ratio you get Chaos orbs.

In other words: these fucking orbs will be pretty rare... therefore further strengthening your stance. If GGG actually wanted us to USE the things, the drop rates would be set on useful. As it stands they will just be used purely for currency and for, like you suggest, no lifer players in GG item creation.


GG, GGG.... GG


naw i actually found one in a chest in the slums on cruel haha... :P
Last edited by PandaBears on March 6, 2014 7:04 PM
"
tikitaki wrote:
"
Vaal orbs will NEVER EVER be used on GGGGGGGG items, because they will lose more value by not being mirror-able. Now, that said, vaal orbs will always be used on uniques :)


No way.

1) You can't mirror uniques, so they had no value from being mirrored anyway.

2) Uniques that are not legacy are always replaceable.

For rares:

1) The value gained by having a retarded/godly mod on an already GG/BiS rare would be massive.

2) People would pay a LOT, because it would be better than what's available. This is central to all ARPGs and MMO's. If there exists an upgrade for the "top" players -- they will pay whatever they can to get their hands on it.

3) Yes, they lose the ability to mirror it, but that would only further increase the valuation of it - if it were a successful Vaal Orb application.



I disagree. If somebody has, say, one of the best weapons in game, they won't use a Vaal Orb on it, despite the chance of making it a completely unique BiS item. They can run mirror services for as long as PoE servers are up. Not even the best Vaal roll can compare to mirroring something hundreds of times over a very long time period.

Unless somebody would pay like 1000ex or something, I doubt people would ruin their mirror services.

People will do it, for sure, but I'm not convinced that most people will, at least not with the best items in game.
Current IGN: NizZzZ
Gizoogle Chris: "Da State of Exile muthafuckas axed mah crazy ass ta post a reminder dat they podcast is dis weekend, as usual. It aint nuthin but tha nick nack patty wack, I still gots tha bigger sack."
Last edited by BoltThrower87 on March 6, 2014 7:37 PM
Uh, no one really ever said that about eternals.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info