Vaal Orbs will be used on gg items

People make the best profit from mirroring their item. Why corrupt it when you can't offer a mirror service? Even if you get insanely lucky with it, would you pay 400+ for an item? You can make your own mirror worthy for less than 150ex.......
"
Nanaya_Kiri wrote:
Does somebody knows what can be the possible outcomes from a vaal orb on equipment? What are the possible mods that can "ruin" a piece of, let's say, body armor, or improve it?

"Exotic configurations."

So far we've seen culling strike intrinsic on a weapon, white sockets, and elemental damage leech on an amulet. Maybe a couple others I can't remember. They only shared a few.

White sockets are one of the more interesting ones because they can be both a great roll and a horrible roll depending on the nature of the item.

You will have to wait until after the patch and people start compiling a full list to really see.

"
XMadness89 wrote:
People make the best profit from mirroring their item. Why corrupt it when you can't offer a mirror service? Even if you get insanely lucky with it, would you pay 400+ for an item? You can make your own mirror worthy for less than 150ex.......

They would pay more because it's better. You can't corrupt a mirrored item.

An original copy GG item that got corrupted with some ridiculous modifier would be worth much much much more than it was previously.

This is intuitively obvious to me, because that's how it always is in these types of games. If it's better - it's worth more.

Yes, you could take your 150 ex and make your own "mirror worthy" item - but it won't be as good as that corrupted one.
Last edited by tikitaki on Mar 5, 2014, 9:55:24 AM
To all who asked: I was watching and asking questions in an alpha stream yesterday late night. That's my confirmation.

You can wait a few hours and find out yourselves though.

I'm not trolling. This is information I had to go out of my way to find. Hold me to it right now too.

I crafted this bow long ago, for a CI/Vaal Pact ele bow build (I don't even think this build is remotely possible anymore - not even from this patch, but for a long time..)

It was after eternals came out, but before Voltaxic Rift came out.

I don't play anymore, but I'll probably login to corrupt this just for the lolz. Because, why not?

It will most likely ruin it, but I don't see any reason why I should exactly care.

And I can't be the only person with this "who-gives-a-shit" attitude.
Last edited by tikitaki on Mar 5, 2014, 10:03:27 AM
oh man im gonna corrupt my legacy bor and my legacy Aegis for sure!!
IGN: Ziggro
"
Isbox1 wrote:
To all who asked: I was watching and asking questions in an alpha stream yesterday late night. That's my confirmation.

I'm not trolling. This is information I had to go out of my way to find. Hold me to it right now too.

I will be shocked if Vaal orbs can only be found in corrupted areas but I guess you could be right.

The drop rate doesn't matter much if the areas are hard to find and not that big. GG GGG thats ridiculous.
Standard Forever
"
ziggro wrote:

you might want to wait and see what other negative things might happen if you do that...
Standard Forever
"
iamstryker wrote:
"
Isbox1 wrote:

I will be shocked if Vaal orbs can only be found in corrupted areas but I guess you could be right.

The drop rate doesn't matter much if the areas are hard to find and not that big. GG GGG thats ridiculous.

I wish I was wrong. Because I had some hope in crafting - that my medium grade SHIT items could somehow improve to a high-medium possibly even GOOD status.

Oh well.

I'll still play until ROS anyways.
"
ziggro wrote:

Legacy uniques are probably the only items in the game that might NOT get corrupted, lol.

Although I suspect you are being sarcastic.
Vaal orbs used on legacy items will make bad results being sold again. And in general the number of the items that never can be dropped again will be reduced. Additionally I am pretty sure there will be enemys that are using your corruption against you sooner rather then later. In general perfect vaal items are way less intresting compared to normal items. Maybe mirrors actually will not be the equivalent of the most powerfull item in the game. That woul dbe really sad right? I really like the corruption mechanic. And if all aziri drops are all corrupted the perfect item will be way more rare because you cannot craft it in any way. And the perfect item is harder too craft now. More powerfull by a whole stat. But you need a non mirrored perfect base to even try. While before you would have a multitude of copy's of the same perfect item. In general there will be less perfect items around. In a numerical way. Not comparing the single best item. In general currency to item ratio will favour items more because the number of items you can craft will be lower because you can not craft all items you pick up.
The corruption is one of the best things that happened. If we get anything else later to improve items all the previously corrupted items cannot be upgraded. So you actually are sacrificing the items you are corrupting to only being good till then. And I never had high enough gear level to seriously think about eternal orbs. But if the high end people craft their items the gear they drop will be sold to pay for the crafting. Eternal orbs increased the gear level on all levels. And vaal orbs reduces the level on the lower 99% again to reasonable degrees. In general the Vaal orbs seemed to be rather usual drops. One per hour was that they said and I am not sure if I am just unlucky or that chaos are less frequent. And that only applies if the people rip all their gg gear into corruption and do not mirror it. Also the sockets could rip pretty bad if I understand the system right. Maybe cheap gg gear with one white socket.
It is a big change and nobody has any idea what will happen in the long run. But it has huge potential for some more trading. And there are new things that could not happen before and in my personal opinion higher item diversity cannot be bad.
Sorry for the long post. In the unlikely event of a short post. There sure is something I should feel sorry about anyway.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info