Vaal Orbs will be used on gg items

"
Isbox1 wrote:

Possibly once per hour you might see a corrupted area... and in that one zone you might get a vaal orb on the same drop rate as a chaos.

GGG found a way to add another 2 layers of RNG to their already RNGerific RNG fest.

Source to confirm or im calling BS
Standard Forever
"
Vaal orbs will NEVER EVER be used on GGGGGGGG items, because they will lose more value by not being mirror-able. Now, that said, vaal orbs will always be used on uniques :)

No way.

1) You can't mirror uniques, so they had no value from being mirrored anyway.

2) Uniques that are not legacy are always replaceable.

For rares:

1) The value gained by having a retarded/godly mod on an already GG/BiS rare would be massive.

2) People would pay a LOT, because it would be better than what's available. This is central to all ARPGs and MMO's. If there exists an upgrade for the "top" players -- they will pay whatever they can to get their hands on it.

3) Yes, they lose the ability to mirror it, but that would only further increase the valuation of it - if it were a successful Vaal Orb application.

Last edited by tikitaki on Mar 5, 2014, 9:00:41 AM
"
Isbox1 wrote:

Possibly once per hour you might see a corrupted area... and in that one zone you might get a vaal orb on the same drop rate as a chaos.

Could you please tell us where the fuk you had all this info? they said only that corrupted areas will spawn on average every hour. Where the hell it's stated that vaal orbs have the same drop rate as chaos orbs?

BS is BS
"
Veta321 wrote:
This was my thinking as well. In concept it's a brilliant form of item consumption which will serve to stabilize the in game economy, or at least prolong stability.

In practice I suspect you are right. It will be used exclusively on high end uniques and maps, and its most beneficial role, as a second tier rare sink, will hardly be realized. It's more than likely most players will be trading away their Vaal Orbs (as they do all their high tier orbs) to players who can properly utilize them to their best effect.

If Vaals are used on rares, however, it will prove valuable to all players collectively. That is because Vaal Orbs will potentially sink items. Even if an individual isn't using Vaals he will benefit from the diminished market saturation that results from rare item consumption, making the loot and items generated from subsequent farming and crafting more rewarding.

I thought the primary Vaal Orb sink would be Gems.

Can't you just spam them on L20 gems until you get one to go up to L21? Seems like it will be another mandatory grind step for min/maxing a build.
Last edited by tikitaki on Mar 5, 2014, 9:02:09 AM
"
tikitaki wrote:

This isn't even true, as stated by the way.

People use eternals on items that they intend to be the best. Many people have started using eternal's at the augmentation step.

I'm a bit confused what you mean by "mid grade" items then. Vaal orbs will definitely be used on items pre-maps and likely not be wasted due to the lack of use on endgame items, unlike current orbs.

Yes, they can be used on endgame items, but often? No way.
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
Last edited by Wooser69 on Mar 5, 2014, 9:02:30 AM
Everyone and their mother knew that the Eternal Orb would only be used on high end items.

Do you even think?
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
"
Mahesys wrote:
"
Isbox1 wrote:

Could you please tell us where the fuk you had all this info? they said only that corrupted areas will spawn on average every hour. Where the hell it's stated that vaal orbs have the same drop rate as chaos orbs?

BS is BS

Chris has definitely posted on these forums that they're as rare as a chaos "currently". They might not still be. Even so I haven't heard anything about them only being found in corrupted areas.
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
"
Sneakypaw wrote:
Everyone and their mother knew that the Eternal Orb would only be used on high end items.

Do you even think?

Used on high end items - yes, but not to craft them directly.

Believe it or not, when Eternal Orbs were released, most people could not fathom the concept of people eternal-exalting over and over.

Completely foreign idea - people thought it would be silly, and wasteful.

If I remember correctly, the official Chris Wilson example of an Eternal Orb in the patch notes was to potentially save a good color combination.

If you don't believe me, look up the initial threads when Eternals were released.

Edit: And I was probably one of the first people in the Hardcore league to start significantly sinking eternals out of the economy to craft something godly. I caused the price to go up by a factor of 2 - 3x in a matter of days.
Last edited by tikitaki on Mar 5, 2014, 9:08:10 AM
"
Wooser69 wrote:
"
Mahesys wrote:
"
Isbox1 wrote:

BS is BS

Chris has definitely posted on these forums that they're as rare as a chaos "currently". They might not still be. Even so I haven't heard anything about them only being found in corrupted areas.

It does sound familiar to me, I think the SotV Gamespot interview may have had a mention like that.

Would have to check that, there's a decent bit of info in those interviews that hasn't been mentioned elsewhere.
My vision for a better PoE: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/863780
So your point is that people will use Vaal Orbs to create better items? That's travesty! I'd strongly advise to remove everything from the game that makes items better.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info