[APP] PoExchange.info - Now with exchange rate tables!

"
Mivo wrote:
Just wanted to give this a little bump. It's a great site! Done a few trades through it and I'm still amazed at how well it is coded and designed. Managing trades is super easy, with features like re-posting expired trades, putting them on hold, etc. Just really practical!

Thank you Mivo, really motivating words! Sorry for the dashboard lag, I'll hopefully fix that.
Last edited by PoExchange on Mar 8, 2014, 8:09:13 PM
I am actually WAAAY more excited about this than I was about Sacrifice of the Vaal.
Thanks, PoExchange!

You've obviously put a huge amount of work into this, and I don't want you to think that I'm some ungrateful schlub who doesn't appreciate what you've already done, but...

Have you put any thought into keeping track of currency exchange rates? It seems like the next logical step. I can't think of a way to accurately pull the information that you would need from the game itself, but I did think of a way that could work off the website:

Spoiler
Hide the IGN of the people offering the trade behind a 'click here' button. Whenever someone goes to the trouble of finding the trader's IGN, the exchange rate is probably palatable to them. Average it all out between hundreds of trades, and you've got an approximate currency ratio. It won't be super accurate, (Especially at first) but it would eventually give us far more information than we currently have.

Just an idea. Not even sure if it's viable or not. I'm not a programmer.
Visit PoExchange.org
Trade orbs. Avoid trade chat. Awesome.
I like the above idea of an exchange rate table, though it's probably too easy to manipulate if it is based on either the offers or the "marked as sold" trades.

By the way, klayveR, mini bug report: If you attempt to create a trade that already exists in your managed trades list (e.g. an expired one with the same conditions as the new one), the link in the error message that points to the "managing trades" page throws a 404. The "bug report" option didn't do anything (actually, that was probably Adblock, will check when back at the computer in a bit).
First, I'd like to thank you Timonist :) The currency exchange tables were one of the reasons why I wanted to do this. I'm already testing this and the database already stores the successful trades and calculates rough exchange rates, but we will need more trades for this to work.
So how much are stolen passwords going for these days?
Closed beta member since: March 19, 2012
Well, it specifically says to use a different password...
"
f3rret wrote:

This is the problem with F2P communities. Too many freeloaders who not only contribute nothing to the game they play, nor to the community, but who are always first when it comes to pissing on the work of others.

The site even says you should pick a different password. What more do you want him to do? Not offer management options because people like you would apparently try to steal passwords if they had the opportunity?
"
Mivo wrote:
"
f3rret wrote:

This is the problem with F2P communities. Too many freeloaders who not only contribute nothing to the game they play, nor to the community, but who are always first when it comes to pissing on the work of others.

The site even says you should pick a different password. What more do you want him to do? Not offer management options because people like you would apparently try to steal passwords if they had the opportunity?

Wow, dude you know me better than I do. I especially like how you know I haven't contributed and that I steal passwords. If you hadn't told me, I wouldn't have known.

BRB gonna go turn myself into the cops for computer fraud.
"
f3rret wrote:
Wow, dude you know me better than I do. I especially like how you know I haven't contributed and that I steal passwords.

You accused klayveR of doing exactly that, and that was way off. Just that you would think of that and post it makes it pretty clear what kind of individual you are.
"
Mivo wrote:
"
f3rret wrote:
Wow, dude you know me better than I do. I especially like how you know I haven't contributed and that I steal passwords.

You accused klayveR of doing exactly that, and that was way off. Just that you would think of that and post it makes it pretty clear what kind of individual you are.

Yeah, I know I'm a terrible person.

Don't worry though, when I called the cops they told me that the sentence for the computer fraud I committed is a length jail sentence.
I wont be bothering you any more, seeing as how I will be in jail for the next few years.

Thank you for letting me know what I am guilty of, if you hadn't told me I would still have been free and unpunished.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info