Leech: GGG clarify please!

The wording of the patch notes is confusing.

Three scenarios:

a) You hit a pack of mobs once with splash damage. Are you going to leech from the damage done to all mobs?

b) You hit a pack of mobs with one multiple projectile spell or ranged attack. Are you going to leech from all projectile hits?

c) You hit a pack of mobs with CoC. Several multiple projectile spells activate. Will you leech from:
- only one projectile hit of the spell with the highest damage
- all projectile hits of the spell with the highest damage
- all hits of all spells (I somehow feel this is a bit optimistic)

Some info will be greatly appreciated.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Mar 4, 2014, 12:13:38 PM
Not trying to be negativistic here but they probably have a lot on their hands now and won't answer any forum post until after the patch goes live.

Edit: on topic, assuming all hits occur at the same, I would guess:

a) no

b) no

c) first answer
Last edited by JohnWeps on Mar 4, 2014, 12:15:11 PM
Yeah, I guess. Doesn't hurt to try though.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
"
JohnWeps wrote:

Edit: on topic, assuming all hits occur at the same, I would guess:

a) no

b) no

c) first answer

That's my assumption too. I'm very keen to know if it's correct or not (i.e. whether I should start planning a trapper or not)
Leech still triggers on each and every Hit. Every Hit you land will grant a Leech effect for a duration based on Leech percentage and Maximum Life (or Mana). Only the 'strongest' (longest duration) will actively replenish your Life/Mana, all others simply tick down and do nothing.
(the old system 'paused' the inactive Leech timers)

As long as you hit again before the first Leech timer is over, you will get a constant stream of replenishment. Especially if you're spewing forth multiple Projectiles that trigger multiple-Projectile Spells, that's not going to be an issue. Not all Hits are going to land simultaneously, after all.

For most builds with a reasonable amount of %Leech, the biggest change will be simply that you don't get replenishment long after combat; it'll end much sooner once the last monster falls.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Mar 4, 2014, 12:31:37 PM
That sounds much more reasonable. I guess I'm a bit paranoid and imagining massive nerfhammers.
Last edited by Bars on Mar 4, 2014, 12:39:51 PM
"
Bars wrote:
That sounds much more reasonable. I guess I'm a bit paranoid and imagining massive nerfhammers.

it is a massive nerfhammer
"
testinglk wrote:
"
Bars wrote:

it is a massive nerfhammer

We'll know soon enough.

Anyways, as others said: my body is ready!
Last edited by Bars on Mar 4, 2014, 3:33:43 PM
Its funny people don't realize that this is actually a buff to leech.

Currently, leech works like this.

lets say you hit with a regular attack and begin leeching

then you hit with another regular attack and begin leeching

then you hit with a critical attack

The leeches currently form a que, going 1 after the other, meaning although the critical leech would be the most effective, it has to wait in line behind the other two

now, if you hit for a huge hit, the leech from that will replace the current leech, and start working immediately.
"
TiltedAxis wrote:
Its funny people don't realize that this is actually a buff to leech.

Currently, leech works like this.

lets say you hit with a regular attack and begin leeching

then you hit with another regular attack and begin leeching

then you hit with a critical attack

The leeches currently form a que, going 1 after the other, meaning although the critical leech would be the most effective, it has to wait in line behind the other two

now, if you hit for a huge hit, the leech from that will replace the current leech, and start working immediately.

no it doesn't. regardless of damage, leech always regens 20% of your max per second (or 24 with q20 ll gem). more damage just increases the duration of that recovery

that duration no longer adds up all your hits...including aoe hits. it's a a massive nerf

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info