1.1.0 Patch Notes - Sacrifice of the Vaal

"
Lordemore wrote:
You will not use a Vaal orb on a 400 DPS 2Handed 4Linked weapon, no point.
But if you get a 500+ DPS 6Linked item, then sure you will use Vaal orb on it.

You do realize that the risk of it being completely re-rolled is there right, thus ruining your 10+ex item.

Sure a few will do it but I'm betting 99,9% won't.
In game contact @MajorAsshole

Challenge T-Shirt: 4/6 | Full Challenge Totems: 21/27
Really surprised Iron Reflexes seems untocuhed...

other things have to be seen to judge (like spelldamage improvements ) and others have to be tested (like new VP ... i think i might like it on some life characters :)

Anyway, can't way for the new incoming start ;)
Visit my shop!

〆〆〆 ( ( ( THE BALROG'S BAZAAR ) ) ) 〆〆〆
interesting changes.

- life VP is actually a thing now and not just a kripp dream. discharge CI VP on the other hand... guess this is an indirect buff to the EB/MoM/AA combi

- did totems really need to be nerfed? haven't seen much of those in recent months

- weren't witch and shadow areas supposed to be reworked as well? or is that just the ele damage buffs?
"
Peripherally wrote:
Wow. RIP to all new players, you won't be able to do much of ANYTHING compared to older ones.

I cannot fathom what GGG expect to achieve with all the legacy-creation. As older players get ever more stronger and farther ahead, just what do new players have a chance to get? Shafted? Again and again each time you "improve" and "balance" the game?

If you want to remove something, or change anything, the ONLY way it can be appropriate is if its across the board and applies equally to everyone. Making it a first-come-first-serve heaven for the oldest members of the community totally trounces all the newcomers. I don't have all the answers as to how you would keep those oldest members happy, but I can promise you: new ones will be completely put-off to learn they will never be able to afford the most useful version of items they want for builds they want to make (unless they resort to RMT, which is supposedly prohibited). Why play then? The only logical course is to quit and find something else (or, as mentioned, RMT).

I am not gonna even bother trying out new builds in standard anymore; its a fucking cesspit of untenable unfairness. I hope no one else does either, and standard just dies off like the cancer that it's becoming. Maybe then there will be some newbie-friendly changes for once, one can hope.

--- of course, I'm assuming legacy items continue to exist as they have been...they may not, in which my rant is misplaced ---

Standard and Hardcore are dumpster leagues.
"
Miracle_9 wrote:
+99999999999999

How about buff sth instead of nerfing everything?
Players, especially new players will lose their interest in this game.

If I were a new play, I farm, I farm, I farm, but I can't even farm a legacy BOR... lol, will I still play this game???

Solution: Turn off chat, ignore forums, play at your own pace, stop giving a f what others do.
Seriously why are you guys so jealous at what other people have?? Most new players will be playing in new leagues ANYWAY.
Dem metal chickens
Last edited by Vorthaz on Mar 4, 2014, 3:43:46 AM
Really looked Forward to give the game another try with this patch but...

Nerf
Nerf
Nerf

Basicly the passive tree gets nerfed down, most used skills get nerfed down, affordable uniques that made builds available without RMT get nerfed down...

I dont see a single positive Change (like: wow cool that skill got buffed lets try it!)

And worst: loot rewards get nerfed down with the removal of IIQ without anything to compensate. Less good items will be available in new season ...

Sorry no Need to torture myself but ill give ROS a more intense try.
MY BODY IS READY

"
return33 wrote:
Really looked Forward to give the game another try with this patch but...

Nerf
Nerf
Nerf

Basicly the passive tree gets nerfed down, most used skills get nerfed down, affordable uniques that made builds available without RMT get nerfed down...

I dont see a single positive Change (like: wow cool that skill got buffed lets try it!)

And worst: loot rewards get nerfed down with the removal of IIQ without anything to compensate. Less good items will be available in new season ...

Sorry no Need to torture myself but ill give ROS a more intense try.

The nerfs were called for (BoR, Aegis, Spectral Throw)
so were the buffs. (Barrage, Desecrate)

bye.
Pants of Textile
Last edited by nikals on Mar 4, 2014, 3:47:23 AM
I've read it somewhere before, but i would like to thank you GGG that you keep the block nodes as they are. If you skill block, you have to make allready a huge investment in passive points, which is disadvantage enough, imo.

Also thanks for Vaal Pact nerf, finally CI Players will now recognize that it is not supposed for them; i guess we will see some funny deaths because of people who oneshoptting theirselfs with retarded DPS :P
Welcome to the greatest of arenas, Duelist. God is watching you.

they decided to nerf everything fun that works instead of buffing the crappy stuff that doesn't work. RIP POE
GG GGG
Where's the new skill tree? I need to re-plan my current builds.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info