Ambush challenge league is easier than standard?

I thought challenge leagues are supposed to be harder than the parent league. However in Ambush league players are granted free unique items from chests and more loot and orbs from the chests in general. What is up with this GGG? Oh and by the way, don't say that the monsters make it harder, because you would be killing monsters anyway.
They are challenge leagues in the sense they come with challenges for you to complete, and the challenge of clean slate competition.
Last edited by boof on Mar 2, 2014, 9:24:26 PM
They're not explicitly meant to be harder. Shrines didn't really make the game more difficult either.
"
glh5 wrote:
I thought challenge leagues are supposed to be harder than the parent league. However in Ambush league players are granted free unique items from chests and more loot and orbs from the chests in general. What is up with this GGG? Oh and by the way, don't say that the monsters make it harder, because you would be killing monsters anyway.

Where does it state that ambush league gives free uniques and more orbs and loot from chests? Cuz apparently I missed it.
Closed Beta Member.
Last edited by ogorhan on Mar 2, 2014, 9:37:03 PM
I do somewhat wish the Ambush league presented a little more of a challenge than what they seem....

like a rogue exile popping up out of no where... etc.

Ib4 someone mentions legacy items.
Not sure why standard would be more of a challenge.
The actual results of any item drops from strong boxes is yet to be known despite any guarantees.
ambush wasnt directly meant to be a challenge but they needed some sort of new content for the SC 4 monther.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
ogorhan wrote:
"
glh5 wrote:

Where does it state that ambush league gives free uniques and more orbs and loot from chests? Cuz apparently I missed it.

On a promo image of GGG you can see that chests drop unique items guaranteed. And others mirror items.
Mirrored Items =/= Mirror Worthy Items, just that they can't be modified.
The Unique Item Ambush mod I expect is going to be as rare as the Inner Wealth Nemesis Mod.
Also, the fact that the chests are guarded is going to make it more interesting.
"
Weslie wrote:
They're not explicitly meant to be harder. Shrines didn't really make the game more difficult either.

That is true Domination was also easier than standard.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info