Do you have any insult/comment that makes you irrationally sad or angry?

"
I find it offensive when someone says "No offense" when they say something that wasn't offensive in the first place.

You can say that about the "no homo" craze on some forums.

Implying whatever one feels the need to put no homo after was supposed to have a double meaning therefore making the person saying no homo is insecure about their own sexuality. Way to fail at life, yea im looking at you bodybuilding.com miscers.
I don't think it's irrational, but I can't stand it when people tell me to calm down over and over again when I'm raging or upset about something. All it does is cause twice as much rage. I suppose it doesn't help that I have anger issues.

This becomes exceptionally irritating when you aren't actually raging or upset about anything. I think people use this as a way to get out of an argument that isn't going in their favor.
hodor
"
Toverkol wrote:
i have a quite sincere hatred for 'inb4'.. I think it sounds arrogant and belittling to think you will know what many people will think or want to say and rob them of the chance to actually say it.

Oh no, this is a saying which should point out the obvious/funny response and direct the conversation to something more in the spirit of the original question/topic. Any other usage of "inb4" is incorrect.

Example:

"I love the new Path of Exile trading system. We should have a mobile app to search the market." ~OP

"inb4 D3" ~random

"I am looking for 4-white-socket fishing hats, PST." ~spamguy

"I'm working on one now, check the app store in a few days." ~developerguy

nah, I just realized that when people are acting like dicks not to take it personally, after all they are not attacking you just some random avatar on the internet. Thats all they see. there is no human connection so people don't treat you like they would as if you were standing next to them. You are all robots as far as i am concerned and only exist in this space.

"Meh"

Makes me wish someone would hurry up and invent a way to backhand people through the internet.
HAIL SATAN!
"
ionface wrote:
"
Toverkol wrote:
i have a quite sincere hatred for 'inb4'.. I think it sounds arrogant and belittling to think you will know what many people will think or want to say and rob them of the chance to actually say it.

Oh no, this is a saying which should point out the obvious/funny response and direct the conversation to something more in the spirit of the original question/topic. Any other usage of "inb4" is incorrect.

Example:

"I love the new Path of Exile trading system. We should have a mobile app to search the market." ~OP

"inb4 D3" ~random

"I am looking for 4-white-socket fishing hats, PST." ~spamguy

"I'm working on one now, check the app store in a few days." ~developerguy

Hmm, thanks for trying to clear that up i guess. Still though, when i read this definition from urban dictionary:

inb4
Generally used on internet forums, inb4 refers to a user posting a reply to a message/topic "before" another user posts an obvious response. When used appropriately, inb4 is followed by a word or short phrase that the user knows will eventually appear in the topic conversation.
Jonny113: Jiraiya would beat the crap out of Itachi.
Steven387: inb4MS
Mike128: You know Itachi has MS, so Jiraiya doesn't stand a chance.

I'm still left wondering why Steven didnt simply say what Mike says later on. He knows the obvious response but seems to be unwilling to point it out, and leaves a remark that makes it unlikely the issue will ever be explained. (In turn making the response less obvious).
Let nature run its course, if something has to be stated to clear up a topic, just state it, instead of trying to make sure noone states it and leaving the matter unattended. Even if the answer seems crystal clear, it is not so to Jonny, and all Steven is doing is making Jonny look (and stay) stupid. I wouldn't support that kind of behaviour in my classroom.
If he wanted to steer the conversation in another direction i feel he should simply state that he isnt liking the direction (or level) of it and try to solve any mysteries that are holding back the advancement of the conversation.

Now maybe that is the actual intention of the saying, but its abbreviated so much the intention is lost on the one's needing it most. As such it seems to fail at its purpose and do little else than be an in-crowd joke polarizing newcomers and regulars.

Please enlighten me though if i'm still getting this wrong ;)
I hate when people use the word "Barbeque" in place of "Grill"

Thats a product of the part of the world I live in, but it just seems so stupid when people call their grill a barbeque or say they are barbeque-ing. Barbeque is a fucking sauce, not a cooking instrument, not an activity, just a sauce.
"
TheKleen wrote:

Thats a product of the part of the world I live in, but it just seems so stupid when people call their grill a barbeque or say they are barbeque-ing. Barbeque is a fucking sauce, not a cooking instrument, not an activity, just a sauce.

Barbeque is actually a style of cooking. It's roots go back to Early America (Florida) and the Caribbean where the sailors founded a way of cooking meat slow.
"
Moonyu wrote:
"
TheKleen wrote:

Barbeque is actually a style of cooking. It's roots go back to Early America (Florida) and the Caribbean where the sailors founded a way of cooking meat slow.

Yes I know most of the world use the word barbeque in that way, but in my area we only call it grilling. I'll say something like "I'm gonna grill some bbq chicken" but not "I'm gonna bbq some chicken" or "I'm gonna light the bbq"...Just sounds so weird to me

Hints the "Irrationally sad or angry"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info