Sacrifice of the Vaal: Teaser Screenshot #5

If you give some people a GOLD BRICK, they will bitch its to heavy, the whole time they are carrying it away.

I Have an X wife like that.

Love the game.

God_of_Thieves_LLD_PVP__I hate the Labyrinth
"
Morgoth2356 wrote:
"
patataz wrote:

i've reached level 83 and would like to love this game more but for some reason, it's not drawing me in enough to make me spend more and support it more. maybe, try to make it less complex/competetive than it already is and try to add more fun-factor to it.

If you're saying that you like the game but that it would be good for it to be less complex/competetive, then I think you're not playing the right game. It's like saying "I like your spaghetti's but please give me Chop Suey" in an Italian Restaurant. You just seem like a lot of players now that ask for a game to change its core philosophy "for its own sake" instead of just realising they are maybe in the wrong place.

maybe you're right about me being in the wrong game and ultimately, if and when i stop playing that's when i accept it is not really for me.

dont get me wrong though, there's a lot to love about this game, it's just that im one who enjoys a game when there's not much hassle in doing stuff. like in selling stuff, you have to spam chat and hope you get some one to be in trade chat at the same time you're there and see your message. and i know you can create a thread but i find it counter intuitive to go outside the game just to sell my stuff.

and when i say it's too complex, my experience is that the rng in this game is so much that it's quite difficult to get stuff without devoting hours a day when i have limited leisure time to spend a day. and making it too competetive than it already is by nerfing stuff here and there, i know there should be balance but should it really be so much that you're aiming for laser accurate balancing for competetive purposes and losing some of the fun factor which a little bit of imbalance contributes to the game?

the skill tree is awesome as well as the gameplay too. but other than that, the fun factor diminishes for me, specially when desync kicks in everytime and worst when my character's got to die because of it and lose so many xp and get booted out of the map and lose the chance to get a good drop at boss fight. if that's fun for you, well, it's not constructively fun for me.
Last edited by patataz on Feb 27, 2014, 11:11:25 PM
"
spectrexr6 wrote:
"
patataz wrote:
auction hall

no thanks

Wait wat?

For a game designed around trading and "economy" (since "crafting" is way past borderline useless), the actual in-game means to do that is woefully cumbersome. Trading in-game means looking at the eyesore diarrhea that is tradechat. That's all there is.

I don't get it. We're not talking RMAH here, we're talking an in-game means for players to find and trade items they want, easily and efficient while IN THE GAME! Instead you're proposing that the current system of the scrolling blanket of poop called tradechat, and forum threads, and 3rd party websites are ideal solutions?! Jeez, some people....

I have no real interest in trading or flipping or whatever. In fact, if SFL were to come into fruition, I'd be all over it like white on rice. But if the game itself had an easy and built-in functional tradesystem (which it should have; since it's allegedly built around "economy" and trade), heck, I'd probably use it from time to time. Trawling forumthreads or the web or scrolling poop blankets, not so much. I want to play the game, every minute not playing the game but trawling (trolling?) for items is a minute I coulda killed mooks, y'know; playing the game ;-)
If you were to open a supermarket where all the goods were not stored on shelves, but piled up in a big mess on the floor; you'd be outta business like that.

And since you're on the web, it means you have a pc, an outlet in the wall, maybe a roof over your head; maybe even the extravaganza of a table and a chair. I'm guessing all convenience isn't all bad, or what?

No sir, I don't get it...
"Imagining GGG as a cranky hormonal pregnant woman suddenly explains a lot." - CliveHowlitzer
Last edited by unsane69 on Feb 28, 2014, 2:40:23 AM
Last!
"
spectrexr6 wrote:
"
patataz wrote:
auction hall

no thanks

Fuck you. I was going to write more but if you're okay with just saying two words to counter somebody's argument, then so am I.

As for the idea of the auction house - I've been suggesting it since early open beta, but was always pretty much crucified by chat when I brought it up. Like somebody else said, I think D3 poisoned peoples' opinions on the matter. We just need an in-game system where somebody can post an item and people can post offers, the seller can then ignore, accept or post a counter-offer; you know, pretty much the forums but in-game. Maybe put a timer on the item so the marketplace doesn't get congested with useless, obsolete, or troll posts.

"
patataz wrote:
wish list for this update:

(i.e. there are games that are like this im sure)

just my 2cents

Pretty sure WoW has had a system like this for years. Nobody ever bitches about that.
Last edited by Calvariae on Feb 28, 2014, 8:35:03 AM
Can't wait for Sacriface Of The Vaal. :)
"
Calvariae wrote:
"
spectrexr6 wrote:
"
patataz wrote:
auction hall

no thanks

Fuck you. I was going to write more but if you're okay with just saying two words to counter somebody's argument, then so am I.

As for the idea of the auction house - I've been suggesting it since early open beta, but was always pretty much crucified by chat when I brought it up. Like somebody else said, I think D3 poisoned peoples' opinions on the matter. We just need an in-game system where somebody can post an item and people can post offers, the seller can then ignore, accept or post a counter-offer; you know, pretty much the forums but in-game. Maybe put a timer on the item so the marketplace doesn't get congested with useless, obsolete, or troll posts.

"
patataz wrote:
wish list for this update:

(i.e. there are games that are like this im sure)

just my 2cents

Pretty sure WoW has had a system like this for years. Nobody ever bitches about that.

nice to know there are like minded people in this community whose got a passion for a more orderly, efficient and systematic way of trading stuff.

for anyone who's played dungeon fighter online before (or cdnf/kdnf/or any variant), i find the auction hall in that game quite reasonable as you are normally allowed to sell/post 'x' number of items for 24 hours and get proceeds or items back on or before said time lapse. there are trading licenses that can be bought with real money that allows you to sell more than just 'x' number of items and even lets you set up a shop in-town for 'x' number of items.

GGG can implement the trading license model and have it as a micro transaction in a similar fashion that GGG currently sells 'item tabs'. this is just an example of what can be done and if there are any downsides to that, im all for having it modified to address any downside so long as the goal of having a more orderly, efficient and systematic way of handling the economy will remain.
Last edited by patataz on Feb 28, 2014, 12:00:27 PM
Who said there needs to be AH at all. A simple bulletin board with a serperate inbox for each posting would work.

1. Post an Item
2. People search it and contact you to trade

This way it preserves player to player interaction, but it also allows you to focus on the game and not trade chat.
Last edited by Duality62 on Mar 2, 2014, 2:56:47 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info