Just played my paragon 106 barb in d3...THE BIG PATCH 2.01

"
Avireyn wrote:
"
Goonz72 wrote:
Downloaded patch yesterday, played 10-15 minutes max, ended up playing Heartstone.

Installed D3 again yesterday.
Annoyed by the forced integration of the (Beta) Blizzard Launcher.
Annoyed by the misleading advertising (the Crusader class is on the char select menu on the Vanilla client. There's a button labelled "Upgrade" without telling you that the upgrade won't happen until a month from now).
Annoyed by the greyed-out (but VERY big, UI-wise) Adventure mode.
Started a new character.
Annoyed when I realized that monster level now is always player level. Oblivion much?
Played a bit (until Leoric's Mansion), found three Legendaries (all of which I could utilize, though they did not feel like "getting awesome loot").

Uninstalled, unimpressed.

It does feel quite rushed doesn't it... wonder why?
"
SL4Y3R wrote:

Well.
The first quarter of 2014 ends on 3/31/2014. RoS releases 3/25/2014. Maybe that has something to do with anything? No idea, really.

What I do know, however, is that
a) Blizzard looks more and more like Zynga to me, and
b) I really am looking forward to PoE's new Leagues. C'mon, I need me some of that, stat!
12/12/12 - the day Germany decided boys are not quite human.
Last edited by Avireyn on Feb 27, 2014, 2:19:12 PM
"
Avireyn wrote:
"
SL4Y3R wrote:

Well.
The first quarter of 2014 ends on 3/31/2014. RoS releases 3/25/2014. Maybe that has something to do with anything? No idea, really.

What I do know, however, is that
a) Blizzard looks more and more like Zynga to me, and
b) I really am looking forward to PoE's new Leagues. C'mon, I need me some of that, stat!

Spot on with Zynga comparison, I dropped over £1500 on mafia wars, they refused to deal with certain people/clans injecting points via hacks for far cheaper than they sold them.

Made the game pointless, Blizzard done the same with their A.H /RMAH instead of letting outsiders pocket money they took their cut. D3 was destined to fail from day 1 really.

Wait. So you're telling us that poop with glitter on it is still poop? Good to know.
"
skullcrush wrote:
"
Artanthos wrote:
"
Diablo3 has atm less players than diablo2 ,which makes it ABSOLUTE F-A-I-L.

Diablo 3 made Blizzard a great deal of money, and RoS will do the same.

This makes the game a success for Blizzard.

Give GGG blizzards millions they used to create diablo 3 and i bet no one would even remember if diablo 3 was a racing game or a fps ( it surely isnt an arpg ).

Poe with d3's funding would be EPIC.

D3 by itself is a casuals fairyland, the game is just plain bad...

Nope they would get fat and lazy just like blizz, think about it people only win, when they are hungry. its true for developers or athletes.
"
Hackusations wrote:
I see a lot of people praising loot 2.0/RoS because the re-itemization and smart drops has quickly produced upgrades for people who've been farming for quite some time without finding anything notable. The problem is that isn't because these things have fundamentally changed the loot hunt or item progression. All it really has done is created a soft-reset on that progression by upping how commonplace legendary and correct affix rares tend to drop and in the end because they are commonplace they will rapidly become vendor/salvage trash. The item hunt will further devolve into hunting for 1% better versions of the legendaries items people already have and be right back to the same endless meaningless farming for ridiculously rare miniscule upgrades.

Your posting is obviously wrong. Completly wrong.
Normaly i wouldn't even response to something as wrong as you posted.

But.

The funny thing is that POE becomes more and more like the old D3 with easy access to trading and also the necessity to trade while ROS fixes D3 main problems.
In the end with ROS released POE will be more similair to D3 in that respect than ROS to D3.

Last edited by overpowdered on Feb 28, 2014, 10:20:23 AM
"
overpowdered wrote:
"
Hackusations wrote:
I see a lot of people praising loot 2.0/RoS because the re-itemization and smart drops has quickly produced upgrades for people who've been farming for quite some time without finding anything notable. The problem is that isn't because these things have fundamentally changed the loot hunt or item progression. All it really has done is created a soft-reset on that progression by upping how commonplace legendary and correct affix rares tend to drop and in the end because they are commonplace they will rapidly become vendor/salvage trash. The item hunt will further devolve into hunting for 1% better versions of the legendaries items people already have and be right back to the same endless meaningless farming for ridiculously rare miniscule upgrades.

Your posting is obviously wrong. Completly wrong.
Normaly i wouldn't even response to something as wrong as you posted.

But.

The funny thing is that POE becomes more and more like the old D3 with easy access to trading and also the necessity to trade while ROS fixes D3 main problems.
In the end with ROS released POE will be more similair to D3 in that respect than ROS to D3.

So, you're not playing on this account, and this is your first post with this account in almost a year.

Who are you, really? =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
This topic isn't about me, it's about the big patch 2.01 and ROS. It's about a company who listens to their costumers and is willing to implent rather extreme changes like closing the auction house in near future.
It's about a core element of the game. Should one achieve the best equipment by trading like D3 or POE or by slaying monsters.
Last edited by overpowdered on Mar 1, 2014, 1:32:52 PM
The core problems with d3 were never about drops. It's that every character is the same. There is no permanency, or even anything that comes close to it.

No character customization, no need to reroll, nothing.

You are right about one thing. It's customers. It's customers want everything as streamlined as possible. They don't want to have to make choices. They don't want to do anything that requires any sort of thought. It does do what it's customers want. I agree. However, I would quickly leave this game if it started to swing the way blizzard swings. And no, I'm not a flipper, and I bought one single item in domination.
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
The core problems with d3 were never about drops. It's that every character is the same. There is no permanency, or even anything that comes close to it.

No character customization, no need to reroll, nothing.

You are right about one thing. It's customers. It's customers want everything as streamlined as possible. They don't want to have to make choices. They don't want to do anything that requires any sort of thought. It does do what it's customers want. I agree. However, I would quickly leave this game if it started to swing the way blizzard swings. And no, I'm not a flipper, and I bought one single item in domination.

This post is so wrong on so many levels. It's the typical, ignorant D3 criticism. You harp on there being no permanence in D3 yet don't acknowledge the existence of Regret orbs in PoE, which are easily attained by the bulk with a few exalts. I've respecced so many times I've lost count. There is no permanence. None. Whatsoever. I can buy 80 regret orbs right now for a handful of exalted.

"All the characters are the same"... PoE doesn't even have classes, our characters ARE literally the same save for the starting area on the tree. D3 has 6 completely different classes with completely different gameplay styles with completely different skills. If you were referring to all characters having the same gear, that's no longer an issue with Loot 2.0 & RoS. There's a lot of variety in gear choice now. If you had made that point a few months ago then I'd agree.

Let's not ignore the fact that most PoE skill trees have an inordinate amount of points sunk into HP nodes. This just makes your statement about homogeneity even more baffling. In terms of viable, end-game builds there are FAR more in D3 than in PoE. That's a fact.

I play, enjoy, and love both of these games because I'm not an irrational fanboy of either. This forum is honestly disgusting to read due to posts like the ones made in this thread and others. It actually turns me off to the game when I realize I'm a part of such a blind, elitist, delusional community. There are plenty of you who are not like that, but those types are diamonds in the rough more than anything.
Last edited by eggwhites on Mar 1, 2014, 10:30:26 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info