DsK - What Do You Think About Toggle Escaping?

So I've found that most DsK uploaders think it's a legit way to handle stun-locking and say it's legitimate. However, so was the buff exploits and the dragon headstone exploit.

The whole point to full on strength builds are to stun the enemy and deal huge amounts of physical damage. Reason why is so the enemy won't run away or keep kitting. That seems fair, right? Because using greataxes or greatswords take forever to swing which means you're easily predictable and open for parries or backstabs then people can easily BS roll every attack you do. Taking away the ability to stun-lock just makes strength builds completely useless.

I know DsK II has issues with stunning, but I'm only talking about the original DsK.
Giantdad
"You can't bash someone else's shitty taste in music when you listen to 'grindcore'" -TheWretch̢
"
Fire_Kid wrote:
Giantdad

Yes, the noob killer build :p.
Anyway I don't have extensive PvP experience. Half the duels I had were either super laggy, or involved magic spamming. That's only duels too, in areas like Anor Londo and Oolacile. Some were decent, like the ones in less active areas. But then I go into the forest....

Well PvP in DkS isn't all that great. It's innovative, but I think the PvP in Demon's Souls was less laggy, plus it came before Dark, but that moongrass is pretty annoying. In DkS at least healing, especially through the most normal means, was slow enough to the point where you had to be pretty far away/hidden from the enemy before you could do it.
"You can't bash someone else's shitty taste in music when you listen to 'grindcore'" -TheWretch̢
I don't have a problem with it personally, from my experience most people don't know how to toggle escape and get owned, or are good enough to parry your slow weapons. You shouldn't really be attack spamming enough for it to be an issue anyways. Another thought is that if you rely too much on stun locking in your pvp tactics, opponents escaping will only make you a more rounded fighter by forcing you to adjust to the situation.

I'm at peace with all the mechanic exploits in dks, since learning to counter them just makes me a better player.

Ps dks ii soon :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info