Updated - Added Shadow Improvement Image: Why does the Shadow have a man bra on? (when without gear)

Either I haven't been gearless in a long time on my Shadow and I just don't remember, or what seems to be a man bra was added to the Shadow... (at some time)

Like the Marauder, the Shadow is a melee class, but the Marauder shows off some muscle. Meanwhile, the Shadow looks more girly.

If the Marauder can look badass in battle completely shirtless, why not the Shadow?

This... This just doesn't look manly. It's just awkward. Any guy in their right mind imagining themselves wearing something like this right now would say, "Hell no!"

See the current (old) Shadow with his man bra on

So after a few hours, here is what I came up with for Shadow Improvements:

Side-by-Side Shadow comparison (the old Shadow vs. the new Shadow)

Note: I didn't get into recreating the skin color and the tatoos, etc. since I don't think the Art Devs are going to improve the Shadow to this degree (I wish,) but at least you get the general idea that this compared to the other Shadow looks much more manly without what looks like a man bra.

The muscle anatomy is also more accurate and perfectly correlates with the Shadow's body shape.

Shadow Recreation (image enlarged to show detail)

Thank you for looking into this.
HeavyMetalGear
When game developers ignore the criticism that would improve their game, the game fails.
Just because a game receives a great amount of praise vs. only a small amount of criticism
does not mean to call it a day and make a foolish misplaced assumption that it is perfect.
(me)
Last edited by HeavyMetalGear on Feb 26, 2014, 12:20:44 AM
I thought that piece up top was connected to the bottom butcher apron...thing. Kind of looks like it's not connected now that I look at it.

Edit: So I only really looked at the screenshot. Decided to actually pick the character and see if he moves. To me it looks like the remains of a weapon holster (looks leather and sits high).
Last edited by psyfect on Feb 25, 2014, 4:57:41 AM
"
psyfect wrote:
I thought that piece up top was connected to the bottom butcher apron...thing. Kind of looks like it's not connected now that I look at it.

You're right, it's not connected to the apron, but even if it was originally intended to be connected to the apron, I think the Art devs could have done something like a 'overall straps' design where you have two straps attached to the back of the Shadow's pants / apron, over the shoulders, then attached to the front of the Shadow's pants / apron.

Something like that would be awesome, too.

Here is an example of overall straps

Except connected to the pants (over the shoulders, front to back.)
When game developers ignore the criticism that would improve their game, the game fails.
Just because a game receives a great amount of praise vs. only a small amount of criticism
does not mean to call it a day and make a foolish misplaced assumption that it is perfect.
(me)
Last edited by HeavyMetalGear on Feb 24, 2014, 1:50:17 AM
Hi

I always think the shadow is a Emo-punk, the worst kind, probably see him at a Avril Lavigne concert:)

The ''bro'' straps must be for weapons, perhaps GGG could add some empty dagger sheathes to it or some pouch or pockets or

Heavymetalgear
"
I think the Art devs could have done something like a 'overall straps' design where you have two straps attached to the back of the Shadow's pants / apron, over the shoulders, then attached to the front of the Shadow's pants / apron.

Something like that would be awesome, too.

Leon!!!!, lol some wand holsters would be great:P hehe

What tends to get me when I play shadow is the head tilt, can never see the face due to his back problem, but I guess that's part of the Emo-punk persona.

cheers
Conan: Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
Never dance with the Devil because a dance with the Devil could last you forever...
-I thought what I'd do was,I'd Pretend I was one of those deaf mutes-
Nullus Anxietas:)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info