Path Of Exile vs, Diablo 3

One thing though about POE..... character LOOK!

I'm so really sorry, but my Witch level 63 looks like a homeless, a bum.... I miss having a character level 60 that looks like a boss, strong, looking nice armors.... they should definitely improve char. looks when wearing armors/gloves/boots etc.

:(
"
Sephirothusa wrote:
One thing though about POE..... character LOOK!

I'm so really sorry, but my Witch level 63 looks like a homeless, a bum.... I miss having a character level 60 that looks like a boss, strong, looking nice armors.... they should definitely improve char. looks when wearing armors/gloves/boots etc.

:(

they are improving armor and adding more cosmetics in future updates

after official release they plan to spend 10 YEARS adding more content

LONG

JUICY

YEARSSSSSSSS
Last edited by xAdApt on Feb 11, 2013, 5:00:47 AM
I love when people complain poe is hard. OMG I GOT TO MERCILESS AND DIED!

God I am so so SO sick of super easy boring games. I want to spend time perfecting my skill tree spec, I want to have to strategize and test out skills and gear combos for max effectiveness, ect. I love that you cannot survive by simply taking every damage node in the skill tree and max damage gear, you will die fast, games you can faceroll are incredibly boring. Iitans Quest for example, could have been a fine game, but it was so god awful easy there was no point to it.

Im not even going to comment much on D3 as I looked forward to it for so long and was so incredibly disappointed. D2 style arpg with half decent gfx for this day and age is all we wanted. Starcraft II was a fantastic sequel, keep what rocks about the first with several improvements. I still play it regularly. D3 got a week of playtime and I sold it to a friend.

POE is diablo2 done better. D2 was hard, I remember dying on that first archer boss in the graveyard near starting city many a time. While its my first char, I have died 32 times so far by level 34 :D
O_o
"

- The end-gane is alot better in PoE

TBH farming docks is boring compared to D3's engame. Maps? Well maps are so hard to find they can hardly be called endgame imo, it's more like icing on the cake but the real endgame is docks. If every map had a 100% chance to yield an other map, you could call it end game.

"

- Customisation in form of the passive skill tree and itemisation.

That's right but the customization seems extremely limited to me, albeit inexistant for a melee marauder. You basically need to take all the life%/endu charge nodes, there is very little room for customization, all the DPS/weapon spec nodes are basically useless right now.

"

- A better trading system.

PoE does not have a trading system, what are you talking about?

"

- More like Diablo 2.

What? PoE has close to nothing in common with D2. The skill gem system is from FF7 and is closer to D3's rune system than it is to D2's active skill tree. In fact the skill gem system once you reach end game and can basically have any gems you want and have the sockets you need is nearly the same as D3's rune system. The only difference is that you have instant access to all runes in D3, in PoE you have to find/trade gems but in the end gems are pretty easy to acquire.

PoE's passive skill tree is from FF10 and D2 has nothing similar. The stat attribution system in D2 was just terrible, you basically got enough STR to wear your gear, enough dex to block and everything else in VIT (or maybe INT for manashield builds). Well you could say there is a similarity there since you also have to put every point you can in life % in PoE but this is kinda bad.
"
flammy2000 wrote:
"

TBH farming docks is boring compared to D3's engame.

Then don't farm the docks... Duh.?
"
Vooodu wrote:
Then don't farm the docks... Duh.?

It's the place for farming maps.. Duh.?
Make
Spectral Throw
great again
"
flammy2000 wrote:

What? PoE has close to nothing in common with D2.

Other than how the game feels, looks and plays.

lol.
"
Gohlar wrote:
Other than how the game feels, looks and plays.
lol.

It's about game mechanics, not about "It's a Hack n Slay too, you kill monsters!!!".

Skill Tree - Nope
Skills - Nope
Armor Mechanics - Nope
Evasion - Nope
ES - Nope
Flasks - Nope

and so on.
Make
Spectral Throw
great again
I wish I liked Diablo 3... it just fell out of favor with me after a month. Maybe one day I'll get back into it. But for now... PoE >>> D3.

Reasons:

1. One of my favorite things in D2 (going back a bit) were quests like the socket quest and imbue quest. You can essentially do these things the entire game with crafting in PoE.

2. The skill tree, while it's a bit overwhelming still to me, is freaking awesome and I love the idea how it all connects.

3. No absurd repair bills.

4. The currency of orbs/scrolls instead of gold, and no Auction house.

5. Questing can be done with more than 4 people.

6. Potions replenish themselves.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info