Congruence in Microtransactions

Russel, your work on the microtransactions and auras I love a lot. Here's some of my feedback on how I think they can be improved for your consideration (I'm so polite!). Given my supporter packs, as you would imagine, I've a purchased a number of microtransactions hoping to look better to make up for lack of skill.

I think there can be better congruence across similar effects. The 2 that come to immediately come to mind are:

1. infernal skull vs infernal weapon

The fire on the skull looks detailed and has a nice translucence showing the skull underneath. The edges are soft and flowy and taper off very nicely.

The fire on the weapon looks opaque and harsh. It looks like it consists of many repeated flake-like slabs of orange.

Don't get me wrong, they both do look very good and I understand that the weapon effects are more difficult given the variety of weapons they need to apply to. However, if they could look just a little more similar and look better as a set, perhaps more people would seek to buy them together?

2. necrotic effects vs desecrate tombstone

While these 2 technically fall under different effect titles, I suspect many would try to buy them together as a set given the necrotic aspect of these. The green used across these effects look different. The necrotic green looks brighter and more yellow-ish. The tombstone green looks teal-ish.

Again, I suggest using the same greens across these effects given the theme. Really don't see a reason why they can't be the same green actually.
Well I wanted to keep the current fire effects as infernal then have that skull microtransaction as "flaming" or something

The current fire is meant to look more harsh to stand out with all the action that goes on. Also because its meant to be more lava'y

With the necrotic thing yeah their different. Sadly we cant really change the colour as people who bought it in the past will get pissed off. We try not change things people pay for. Even if it would be good for us haha.
I like all the fluffy animals[img]http://i.imgur.com/mO8dR.png[\img]
y im slept?
"
Russell wrote:
The current fire is meant to look more harsh to stand out with all the action that goes on. Also because its meant to be more lava'y

I definitely got the "lava'y" intent with the infernal weapon effect, and like it. It gives an impression of almost dripping off the weapon at times.

Maybe there is room for another weapon effect that would be more flaming, less lava? "Fiery Avenger Weapon Effect" or something.
"
Russell wrote:
Well I wanted to keep the current fire effects as infernal then have that skull microtransaction as "flaming" or something

With the necrotic thing yeah their different. Sadly we cant really change the colour as people who bought it in the past will get pissed off. We try not change things people pay for. Even if it would be good for us haha.

I see. No such thing as legacy microtrans eh? Heh. Maybe some new ones in the future that go along with the current ones! Or just something to take note of future microtrans to see if they would look good in a set with current ones.
Hi

Russel
"
We try not change things people pay for. Even if it would be good for us haha.

Always wondered why the the 2 flame effects looked so different.

How about a flaming skull headed totem skin that isn't SUPPORT totem only MT? Really want to make my totems look different then enemy totems but never use support totems to make use of Olmec or Tiki skin...

cheers
Conan: Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
Never dance with the Devil because a dance with the Devil could last you forever...
-I thought what I'd do was,I'd Pretend I was one of those deaf mutes-
Nullus Anxietas:)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info