Act 3 - Cruel, Help please :)

Hey Guys

I have been reading a bit, it seems that most people with there "first" real character are strugling in act 3 - cruel. I am no exception.

either way, want some help/feedback.

Skill_Tree
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4B0QX5CC4Zjhm0Gf4bASLqJJ0lPymlLOkyAUp9TipbPVuvYetiWmegapN463pTfXWHdo1-myabjaEiokCjiqfUr-uyGbQatkG3tr6nxKLNmM96037ajdwV3ILdDd7G35jiy-cK6NbqYu2D73r0-Pqx_MX-uv7I

Gear

I am lvl 51. I have Frenzy(1000-1300dps) on LM and Split Arrow(650) on RM, i have 1200 life and 50-60% in all res, except chaos(-9%). Armour around 3600 with Grace+Iron Reflexes. Mainly i think my lifepool is the problem, but should i consider changing some nodes? maybe farm xp/gear?

Thanks in advance, happy gaming peeps.
where exactly is your problem? If it's dominus don't worry... thats perfectly normal

your passivetree is somewhat of a mess and without knowing what you wanna do (crit, no crit, pierce etc. etc.) there isn't much to say other than if you go for physical dmg (like it seems) Projectile-dmg is rather bad, because you get more dmg out of skilling straight up bow-physical dmg. And you need way more Life...

Gear wise there is also a good bit you can do, but it's skills that need to be dealt with first.
You are probably hurting in mana really really bad, and thats because Frenzy is very expensive Skill and doesn't give you that much for leveling it. So using a lvl5 Frenzy would be better for the mana-cost. With Split-Arrow thats not so viable...
Anyway, Bow-Skills are very expensive in general, so you should choose your support gems wisely to not inflate their cost.
In general you want to either skill Bloodmagic to level with as fast as possible (out of the question now) or support everything you use with a Bloodmagic Gem. Combine it with Life-Leech gems (for split Arrow Life on hit is probably better) and you don't have to worry about mana anymore and get some heal out of it. The fourth support then would be added Fire or physical projectile dmg if you don't specc anything in particular that needs to be enhanced (what you don't have).
Another thing with mana is that you can only leech a maximum of 12.5% of your max-mana per second, and with the fast attckspeed a bow-user easily reaches there is absolutely no way to use your skills with mana. Frenzy and those Charges won't help with that...

So for starters switch Frenzy with Burning Arrow and only level it to 5.

With mana taken care of you can then use Gloves, a Belt and a chest that actually give some Life and resists.

Other than that... ignore Chaos resist... and from my experience physical Bow builds need a very strong Bow to do shit in the later part of the game. Lightning Arrow might be better even with physical specc - it's very expensive, but with Bloodmagic and Life on hit support that isn't a problem.
Armor shouldn't really be your problem, it's life if something hits you, so when you bring your life up you might wanna use Wrath or Anger or Hatred instead of Grace for the extra dmg (btw. get a reduced mana gem, level it a bit, and use 2 auras)

sooo - that should be it for now
to help with the build you really have to say what you wanna do (might be hard if you are new I know...) but you can't optimize "shoot stuff" ;)
Last edited by Buchsbaum on Feb 17, 2014, 8:22:55 PM
Thank you so much Buchsbaum !

The problem as i get killed easily :S

So to start of:

1. Burning Arrow or Lightning Arrow, not to many support gems.

2. Get more life. How much?

3. Get Bloodmagic and Lifeleech, even life on hit

4. Get out of Projectil Damage in Skill Tree

5. Get new belt, chest and gloves: focus on life and resistance

As long as i don't have any "reduced mana gem", which aura should i use? Hatred, Anger, Wrath?

Oh, and yeah. Don't know which build to pursue yet :(

The two biggest priorities for any build are a large effective life pool and either life leech or life gain on hit. Once those are satisfied you get the rest.
How much life should you get? Heh, all of it. Seriously, if you examine any top tier build they get life cluster after life cluster, often on their way to some key keystone. Occasionally getting adjacent nodes. You can never get too much.
For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it
How many Respec Points do you have and Orb Of regrets. Hatred would be best Aura for DPS, but since you took iron reflex Grace is also A good option for more armor. If you have a combined 13 respec points/orb of Regrets you can switch to this tree which would give you an extra 50% Life & 40% more Armor
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIBAF4F-QguGY4Z_hsBIuolPymlLOkyAUp9TipbPVuvYetnoGqTeOt6U311h3abJpuNo4qn1K_rshm0GrZBvqfEos96037ajdwV3ILdDeLL5wro1u2D73r8xf66_si749JNwA_V7RXwOlgEfocZayRf4ZXp3vbndGHi

and then maybe finish leveling this way
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIBAF4F-QguGY4Z_hsBIuolPymlLOkyAUp9TipbPVuvYetnoGqTeOt6U311h3abJpuNo4qn1K_rshm0GrZBvqfEos96037ajdwV3ILdDeLL5wro1u2D73r8xf66_si749JNwA_V7RXwOlgEfocZayRf4ZXp3vbndGHiFSCD2_xLznFsFipN6yxFln1bPydKyG6qtfI1kv6PTeOmVzGeqW54DVivNug6UjJ-bEZybDIJZKMaVWEhhO907XrvYEsFLaxZiPHnY_4K8kU64Q==

If you are on Domination and Need Orb Of Regrets, I will be on tomorrow evening after 5PM PST. I can Give Them To you. Just PM me here your in game name and when I get on I will whisper you in game.
Last edited by sfbistimg on Feb 18, 2014, 2:23:12 AM
"
Sutthisan wrote:
4. Get out of Projectil Damage in Skill Tree

Which might not be a good idea, physical bow nodes are a bit heftier but projectile nodes work with flat elemental damage too, and bows can roll it very high.

On dieing easy, you have a solid amount of life nodes at this point but not too many life rolls on gear, a few more on, say, quiver and chest would make much difference, and cap your resists as soon as possible.

But yes, a3 crual can be a bitch for many builds, a lot of them find merciless easier.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Feb 18, 2014, 3:23:14 AM
"
sfbistimg wrote:
How many Respec Points do you have and Orb Of regrets. Hatred would be best Aura for DPS, but since you took iron reflex Grace is also A good option for more armor. If you have a combined 13 respec points/orb of Regrets you can switch to this tree which would give you an extra 50% Life & 40% more Armor
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIBAF4F-QguGY4Z_hsBIuolPymlLOkyAUp9TipbPVuvYetnoGqTeOt6U311h3abJpuNo4qn1K_rshm0GrZBvqfEos96037ajdwV3ILdDeLL5wro1u2D73r8xf66_si749JNwA_V7RXwOlgEfocZayRf4ZXp3vbndGHi

and then maybe finish leveling this way
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIBAF4F-QguGY4Z_hsBIuolPymlLOkyAUp9TipbPVuvYetnoGqTeOt6U311h3abJpuNo4qn1K_rshm0GrZBvqfEos96037ajdwV3ILdDeLL5wro1u2D73r8xf66_si749JNwA_V7RXwOlgEfocZayRf4ZXp3vbndGHiFSCD2_xLznFsFipN6yxFln1bPydKyG6qtfI1kv6PTeOmVzGeqW54DVivNug6UjJ-bEZybDIJZKMaVWEhhO907XrvYEsFLaxZiPHnY_4K8kU64Q==

If you are on Domination and Need Orb Of Regrets, I will be on tomorrow evening after 5PM PST. I can Give Them To you. Just PM me here your in game name and when I get on I will whisper you in game.

Don't have any respec point or orb of regret left. But changed it to the one you linked first :D
- either way i play normal, thanks though :)
I am on my first too and found cruel easier than normal and have not died yet (playing HC). Key for me was make b line for circle of life and pick up life along the way. Max resits, 65% physical (grace and iron reflexes), and 3000 life.

build so far
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4B0QHcAecILhQgFSAZjiP2KaUqTSzpMZ4yfjWSNug6UjrhPC0_J0p9SshN404qUEdW-livWkhbr2egbqp0QXgNguSD24d2iPGKr5AKkBGbjZ_LokCkGaTCplenMKlurFmv67Xytz6-isT2xq7K09N-3Q3nY-2D7g7veu_w8kX3vvxL_MX-Cv6P

BTW how did you link your gear? My gear sucks - all self found/crafted. But again key is life resists and sustain like life leech or life on hit.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Feb 18, 2014, 4:31:08 AM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
I am on my first too and found cruel easier than normal and have not died yet (playing HC). Key for me was make b line for circle of life and pick up life along the way. Max resits, 65% physical (grace and iron reflexes), and 3000 life.

build so far
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4B0QHcAecILhQgFSAZjiP2KaUqTSzpMZ4yfjWSNug6UjrhPC0_J0p9SshN404qUEdW-livWkhbr2egbqp0QXgNguSD24d2iPGKr5AKkBGbjZ_LokCkGaTCplenMKlurFmv67Xytz6-isT2xq7K09N-3Q3nY-2D7g7veu_w8kX3vvxL_MX-Cv6P

BTW how did you link your gear? My gear sucks - all self found/crafted. But again key is life resists and sustain like life leech or life on hit.

Your build is possibly more HC suited? but i should consider more life what so ever.
Was lucky too find the bow and slippers, i got the chest and helmet from some dude who was throwing it away when i was lvl 10 or something :) and of course i used some chrome orb to get the right colors :)

If i remember right forging orb with high quality gears gives a better chance of linking ?

- cheers
Last edited by Sutthisan on Feb 18, 2014, 4:55:12 AM
- life pool, depending on your class you should get 1.2k life not in your early 50s, but rather late 20s, early 30s;
- ele res, it's great to have all your ele res capped, but 65-70% would do the job in cruel;
- your dmg, 1k on lvl is a bit low, you won't be able to kill life reg rares and your life leech will suck.

I took out lots of offensive node and got you much more armor, life and a bit of ele res. I suggest you should rather invest in some dmg gear instead of tanking all nodes in offense, especially your bow (113 dps on your lvl is kinda unacceptable).
Last edited by Dzwonsson on Feb 18, 2014, 10:38:02 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info