DOMINUS PICKUP GROUP

This is the start of something that hopefully will get popular and work out well, with help from the community... I want to keep it short.

Overall I want to create a pickup group for Dominus split runs with a culler. I am currently on Domination, but want to try and gear this for Standard once the switch happens.

I come from a background of pro-gamming for FPS (counter-strike 1.6, TFC, Q3A) and we used a program called mIRC to get together our groups and have pickups going at all times. If the pickup was full, then another would be created ( if enough players were on) and if not, then they would just wait for someone to drop out of the group to then join.

This is going to be a invite only group and to be invited you must have a good DMG/survive build or a Culler/survive build... Of course a culler is a must for this to work, so Cullers will be loved. You must have a working MIC and SKYPE, this helps keep the group organized and efficient.

One of my main questions is a good chat room we can use other the mIRC for the group to lounge in waiting on a group to be created before the chat programs are linked up. I understand that not everyone will want to download IRC for this, and that's why I am asking for ideas on a good private static chat room/website that can be used...

If you are interested in this or have any ideas please post...

As this grows and gets organized I will change this first post with information, members, exc.
Any alliance whose purpose is not the intention to wage war is senseless and useless.
Last edited by LegoftheBull on Feb 17, 2014, 7:40:39 PM
I was thinking the best place we all can link up to create groups would be www.kiwiirc.com

All you need to do is click [TRY ME :)] then put in your nickname ( CULLER-thedude / DMG-Battman) don't worry about putting in a password (its not needed) and then for Channel: #Dominus ..... once you connect to the chat, you can see who all is in there and a group can be agreed on for the game, it could even be done for different leagues (#Dominus-standard, #Dominus-Hardcore)

What do you think?
Any alliance whose purpose is not the intention to wage war is senseless and useless.
Last edited by LegoftheBull on Feb 17, 2014, 8:18:39 PM
Culler/survival here, and I love this idea! I'm down to do this all the time. It will be very rewarding for everybody. This is without a doubt, the most efficient way to farm and gain currency fast.
Great Idea Mono. I am in when we hit Standard. DPS-Tank. you know where to find me lol
░█▀▀▀░█▀▀█░█░░█░█░░░░█▀▀▀░░░░░█▀▀█░█▀▀▀░░░░░█▀▀▀░█▀▀█░▀▀█▀▀░█▀▀█░█▄░░█░
░█▄▄▄░█░░█░█░░█░█░░░░█▄▄▄░░░░░█░░█░█▄▄▄░░░░░█▄▄▄░█▄▄█░░░█░░░█▄▄█░█░█░█░
░░░░█░█░░█░█░░█░█░░░░░░░█░░░░░█░░█░█░░░░░░░░░░░█░█░░█░░░█░░░█░░█░█░░██░
░▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀░░░░░▀▀▀▀░▀░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░▀░░▀░░░▀░░░▀░░▀░▀░░░▀░
Last edited by S0S on Feb 17, 2014, 10:17:21 PM
Good idea, in my time of serious Enemy Territory we used IRC to form PUGs for clan wars too.

Skype, seriously? Worst voice chat option ever, the lack of push to talk option is killer, as is P2P protocol it uses. Would be better to use some free Mumble or TS server.
progaming, cs and mirc. so badass ^^
did this 98-02. good times. top 50 ESL.
plz note that ppl who want to join these runs should have at least 10+ free stashtabs otherwise after like 30 minutes the run speed gets slow as hell... since everybody needs to sell their stuff :)
"Path of nurfs" - LVL 100 + LVL 100 + LVL 100 ENDGAME REAVER
"1.3.0 Path of nurfs 3. expansion"
Shops: 1031762,774343,883462,371756,1091096,1099789,1260674
Reaver Videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/velo1337/videos
Everybody can quickly sell after every run, it's not a big deal. And Skype was just a suggestion, which I personally love. If there is something better I'm down to try it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info