Theorycraft Dual ranged attack totem railgun and aura support

Hey guys, I want to make a character that is a good part support but can solo without a problem. My idea is to use dual ranged attack totems with the skill puncture. I think I want to avoid anything like multiple projectiles and focus on each totem spitting out single very high damage shots. This would also maximize the bleed effect since it is based off of the base projectile damage. I also want to get in as many auras as I can. Totems benefit from auras, right? I will snatch up CI eventually so that I can ignore life nodes and just focus on very high energy shield. So it seems to me I need to focus on bow\projectile damage, get some accuracy in, lots of max mana but not regen since I won't really be relying on it like that, aura nodes, and such. What are your thoughts on this, what do you think I should focus on to make this work?

Update:
Alright, I made a rough draft build. I wanted to get survivability through armor, hence IR and grabbed some mana and aura nodes so I could run a few auras. Any ideas on how to optimize this are welcome.

Spoiler
http://poebuilder.com/#character/AAAAAgAABS0GoAhnDjwQzBRxFHUVIBg8GNshYCF2JT8lrycLJ-0otSmlKhMqTSynLOkwdTB8MfoylDnUOlI8LT8nQKBBqkQNRJ5KfUrESshOKlO7ValWBFb6WOVZ81orWlJbr1wMYEtgiGFSZIRnoG_ycbByqXRBdO108XYIdvd313rveyB_An8rhmCHdoxYkAqSu5M6lQWXtJrMm12euaCfo_Km4KiarKqsurBztBq9J7_VxBXE9sauyqnUFdnG3Q3h2uLL7LbvTvH08pf2rvcy-JP46_m9_MX-hw==
Last edited by Curis on Feb 23, 2014, 4:59:50 PM
Bump
puncture sucks for pve. you dont want to have to rely on the monster moving to do your damage.

however i do like the idea of double ranged totem
IGN: Masterxmind
what makes you think you have to focus on bow/projectile damage? i'm not super spun up on all the totem nodes...but i don't believe the bow/projectile damage applies to them. if you want to play with a bow, that's fine. you will just be a ranged character supported by other ranged "characters". i was going to say maybe the bow isnt ideal for scion but you have some decent node access over to the right so that's fine. i could just see more efficiency if you maybe stopped at the totem resistances and then everything else was toward the left (marauder/duelist).

that being said, i see a lot of people using dual spell totems, so you could consider that as well. but if you are going with ranged attack totem, maybe try lightning arrow with them or something that causes a different status ailment?

the bleeding is fine and the beauty of the game is that you can do what you want, but i agree with the other guy about not wanting to rely on a monster moving.

also, i think you are going to want some more life and/or armor or you might be too fragile

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info