Todays Bug got all of my items stolen!!!!

I logged in earlier tonight to find the majority of my items and all of my orbs gone. Only high value stuff was taken, with low or middling value items being skipped over. It seemed like the person on my account may have been in a hurry.

I ran multiple antivirus and anti-malware tools just in case and my machine came up clean. I have never shared my account with anyone.

I seems that outside of extreme coincidence that someone must have gained access to my account through the login bug that occured early today.

I do realize that this game is free, and in a beta Phase, and that GGG does not "owe" me anything.

That being said, I was extremely excited about this game, and became a silver supporter during closed beta because I loved what GGG was doing. Unfortunetely this event has really discouraged me, and I am having a very hard time working up the enthusiasm to start all over after 3 days of grinding.

I sincerely hope some attention will be paid to this matter. I don't know if restoration is possible and/or feasible with their limited resources, but I can hope.

At the very least I would like some confirmation from their end that this was indeed caused by the bug and not some other type of security failure. (on my part or theirs)

I'm not angry, just frustrated. Again, GGG you guys are developing an amazing game, keep up the good work.
I hope you get your stuff back, that really sucks. But you should probably post this in the Support forum. Best of luck to you!
You are not the only person i have seen suffer from this, and i truly hope it is a bug and can be remedied. I will say this spooked me enough to rotate out a new password regularly.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
To flip or not to flip

Twitch stream link: http://www.twitch.tv/bled66
Experimenting, solidifying and straight rocking POE.
deleted, copied wrong post for quote
Last edited by grayfenix on Jan 28, 2013, 5:33:46 AM
as the poster above me said support forum would be good as well.

if it was not from the normal means.. you might have been hit with the Que bug.. but... it might have just happened to people logged in at the time? i am not sure.
(there was a issue that made people in Que go into the game on a different account... or so i was told)

please be well and i wish the best!!
Voice work? I do it. --->https://sites.google.com/site/jezdamayel/
Last edited by jezdamayel on Jan 28, 2013, 5:36:45 AM
"
I hope you get your stuff back, that really sucks. But you should probably post this in the Support forum. Best of luck to you!

Thanks. And I did post in support, I suppose some of my frustration is coming out by me posting this in multiple places hoping for it to be noticed.
"
grayfenix wrote:
I logged in earlier tonight to find the majority of my items and all of my orbs gone. Only high value stuff was taken, with low or middling value items being skipped over. It seemed like the person on my account may have been in a hurry.

I ran multiple antivirus and anti-malware tools just in case and my machine came up clean. I have never shared my account with anyone.

I seems that outside of extreme coincidence that someone must have gained access to my account through the login bug that occured early today.

I do realize that this game is free, and in a beta Phase, and that GGG does not "owe" me anything.

That being said, I was extremely excited about this game, and became a silver supporter during closed beta because I loved what GGG was doing. Unfortunetely this event has really discouraged me, and I am having a very hard time working up the enthusiasm to start all over after 3 days of grinding.

I sincerely hope some attention will be paid to this matter. I don't know if restoration is possible and/or feasible with their limited resources, but I can hope.

At the very least I would like some confirmation from their end that this was indeed caused by the bug and not some other type of security failure. (on my part or theirs)

I'm not angry, just frustrated. Again, GGG you guys are developing an amazing game, keep up the good work.

You say you have anti virus and anti malware, but if you have spyware on your computer you'll need antispyware. Try spybot and see if anything comes up
See you, Space Cowboy...
disregard this i asked to edit my other one and i made a new one :)
Voice work? I do it. --->https://sites.google.com/site/jezdamayel/
Last edited by jezdamayel on Jan 28, 2013, 5:35:41 AM
"
jezdamayel wrote:
as the poster above me said support forum would be good as well.

if it was not from the normal means.. you might have been hit with the Que bug.. but... it might have just happened to people logged in at the time? i am not sure.

please be well and i wish the best!!

I'm not sure about the details of the bug.

I was logged in for most of the day before leaving around 5:30ish PST for pool league. I noticed the items gone when I logged in at around 11:30pm.
Send support a PM. Maybe they can look into it and by any chance, recover them.

Its unfortunate that whoever that may had accidentally stumble on your account decided to be malicious.

I recall on Saturday, some stranger traded me and wanted to give me all his orb for no apparent reason. I just canceled it knowing something wasn't right. I guess that's what some people are doing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info