Cast on crit flicker (omnislash) multistrike question

I'm gonna make a phys wander CoC shadow in the new league, seems like a fun build and my elemental wander was nerfed hard when the game launched.

I think it can work well purely off a high crit chance and multi without needing spell damage nodes, plus the few projectile damage nodes buff both power siphon and projectile spells (ice spear or FP is what I want to use).
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
Last edited by bhavv on Feb 17, 2014, 6:54:37 PM
"
KG31459 wrote:
"
shroudb wrote:
splash isn't helping at all.

splash makes the hits simultaneously, so due to the 0,01sec intenal cd it can only proc once.

ST, cyclone, barrage, etc all have some time between each hit registers, so they can proc multiple times.

so, with one mouseclick you hit 3 times, all 3 crit (probable cause of 95%) and all of them proc (80%chance for each) then you casts 3 spells/click.

or 30/sec if you have 10aps. but multi is already factored in the aps, so you actually casts 10spells/sec with flicker.

It gives you more monsters for RNGesus to roll the chance to proc against. And quality melee splash gives 20% increased aoe anyway - not the worst choice if you want to use it with an aoe spell.

Chance is rolled once per attack regardless if you hit 1 mob or 50.
Anarchy/Onslaught T shirt
Domination/Nemesis T shirt
Tempest/War Bands T shirt
"
reboticon wrote:
"
KG31459 wrote:
"
shroudb wrote:
splash isn't helping at all.

splash makes the hits simultaneously, so due to the 0,01sec intenal cd it can only proc once.

ST, cyclone, barrage, etc all have some time between each hit registers, so they can proc multiple times.

so, with one mouseclick you hit 3 times, all 3 crit (probable cause of 95%) and all of them proc (80%chance for each) then you casts 3 spells/click.

or 30/sec if you have 10aps. but multi is already factored in the aps, so you actually casts 10spells/sec with flicker.

It gives you more monsters for RNGesus to roll the chance to proc against. And quality melee splash gives 20% increased aoe anyway - not the worst choice if you want to use it with an aoe spell.

I know the wiki is a dubious source much of the time, but I haven't read otherwise elsewhere.

"The chance to cast is rolled separately for each enemy you scored a critical hit on, so it is possible to get multiple casts on one skill use if you hit multiple enemies and are lucky enough."

AFAIK they didn't change this part when they added the 100 ms cooldown. My understanding is that it rolls the chance to cast vs each enemy you crit in a simultaneous attack until it either procs or runs out of enemies. Ergo, multiple enemies hit = multiple chances to cast.

No? My search-fu, as usual, fails to find a dev clarification.

P.S., That 90% of the dev clarifications on any skill ends up not being in the skill's feedback thread drives me crazy.
"
KG31459 wrote:
"
reboticon wrote:
"
KG31459 wrote:

I know the wiki is a dubious source much of the time, but I haven't read otherwise elsewhere.

"The chance to cast is rolled separately for each enemy you scored a critical hit on, so it is possible to get multiple casts on one skill use if you hit multiple enemies and are lucky enough."

AFAIK they didn't change this part when they added the 100 ms cooldown. My understanding is that it rolls the chance to cast vs each enemy you crit in a simultaneous attack until it either procs or runs out of enemies. Ergo, multiple enemies hit = multiple chances to cast.

No? My search-fu, as usual, fails to find a dev clarification.

P.S., That 90% of the dev clarifications on any skill ends up not being in the skill's feedback thread drives me crazy.

my personal experience says other wise.

i either throw a bunch of spells toghether or none.

and this was before they even buffed the chance.

so if with my (back then) 45% chance to proc it always "happenned" to proc all at once or none for the 15+lvls i was using it then what can i say...

don't forget that the wiki is updated by players so it's not 100%accurate.
"
shroudb wrote:

so if with my (back then) 45% chance to proc it always "happenned" to proc all at once or none for the 15+lvls i was using it then what can i say...

I'm not arguing that each spell rolls its chance to proc individually. I'm talking about each critical hit.

For example, you use Reave.

You roll a crit. Three monsters are hit simultaneously by your critical Reave. You have a 80% chance to cast.
Monster 1: 95 = failure
Monster 2: 83 = failure
Monster 3: 37 = success, all linked spells are now cast.

If you have multistrike linked, the second hit would again check all monsters in the aoe to determine if it recasts, assuming the 100 ms cooldown has expired.
Last edited by KG31459 on Feb 17, 2014, 8:03:14 PM
"
KG31459 wrote:
"
shroudb wrote:

I'm not arguing that each spell rolls its chance to proc individually. I'm talking about each critical hit.

For example, you use Reave.

You roll a crit. Three monsters are hit simultaneously by your critical Reave. You have a 80% chance to cast.
Monster 1: 95 = failure
Monster 2: 83 = failure
Monster 3: 37 = success, all linked spells are now cast.

If you have multistrike linked, the second hit would again check all monsters in the aoe to determine if it recasts, assuming the 100 ms cooldown has expired.

i was using lmp-st-arctic. i only had 1 arctic in the setup.

believe me when i say that it was quite VISIBLE when it procced ^^. i would instantly unleash over 50 projectiles. So that leads me to the conclusion, that each and every hit of ST (which they were a lot) would proc toghether, or simply put, each "mouse click) would roll the chance for all projectiles to proc or not.

if it was anything else, especially vs bosses where i had a lot of hits but from only 1 projectile, there would be the chance for only 1-2 arctic to proc, which was never the case for me (even with as low as 45%chance)

COC Flicker Discharge with Blood Dance?
IGN: Korvashi or Kalamth

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info