Cast on crit flicker (omnislash) multistrike question

Hey people.

When the new hardcore league starts I want to create a dagger/shield/acrobatics flicker strike cast on crit build.

But Ive never made one and I was wondering:

1) How much spell damage should I have minimum on merciless to be effective?
2) What spells should I aim for?
3) Is shadow the best bet for starting area?
4) Gems: Flicker strike, multistrike, cast on crit, power charge on critical. Does this not leave enough skill gems for damage to be effective?

I want to create a high crit "omnislash" flickerstrike build with cast on crit. But Im afraid that cast on crit will be too gimmicky compared to going a pure physical damage omnislash build like:

Flicker strike
Melee physical
Multistrike
+ additional damage gems and auras

Ive also considered going 2 hand instead of shield. But since I go life (not CI) im afraid the lack of block in addition to acro/evasion will make it too vulnerable.

The main issue with playing this build as I can see, is that since its on HC league - you will get too skill starved to also invest in enough +% spell damage.

Any help is much appreciated, this is the build I want to make the most in the new league but I fear it will lack too much in damage compared to a "standard" build like IB/Doublestrike + Spectral bore :)
Im not sure if flicker striker (attack) works with CoC.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
Nephalim wrote:
Im not sure if flicker striker (attack) works with CoC.

IIRC spells cant trigger attacks but all attacks can trigger spells with CoC?

Im not sure why GGG implemented CoC but not Attack on crit :/
Cast on crit doesn't really make sense for flickerstrike. You can attain a substantially higher hit speed with Spectral throw, Cyclone, or Frenzy without being reliant on frenzy charges.

Not to mention CoC and flickerstrike are two of the most notorious sources of desync in the game- trying to combine the two is a recipe for disaster.

That said if you wanted to change things up a bit from the standard flicker-build you could always go for a elemental damage proliferating flicker build, relying on Ele Proliferation to keep enemies shocked and using big crits with Anger aura to deal huge proliferated burns. This combo would better synergizaes with flickerstrike's unfortunate habit to sometimes quickly traverse several screen lengths rather then finishing a single pack- all you really need ona given pack are a few hits to stack up shock charges followed by a single crit and the burn will likely kill the entire pack(giving bloodrage frenzy charges in a few seconds) even if you start flickering away to new enemies.

I've always though the concept had potential, but people tend to go for the patch of least resistance(pure phys flicker).
Talisman softcore IGN:disappointment
"
bilun wrote:
Cast on crit doesn't really make sense for flickerstrike. You can attain a substantially higher hit speed with Spectral throw, Cyclone, or Frenzy without being reliant on frenzy charges.

my flicker hits 10 times a second. also, coc has an internal cooldown.

u are wrong.
"
Heroofexile wrote:
"
bilun wrote:

my flicker hits 10 times a second. also, coc has an internal cooldown.

u are wrong.

coc has an internal cd of... 0.01sec, so yeah, if you have 100attacks/sec and 100%proc chance you will trigger it.

all that the internal cd does is limit simultaneous hits from proccing 2-3-10 times, but things like ST, barrage, cyclone, etc that don't hit the same exact second still proc multiple times.

with flicker, you may have 10aps (which would require a shitload of aspd nodes that take away from other crucial areas) but a simple lmp-ST can hit up to 2-4times EACH mob for more or less 10-20+ hits/throw in a group. Now, add an aspd of 2-3attacks/sec and you will see why people use those gems for procs and not flicker.
Last edited by shroudb on Feb 17, 2014, 6:45:38 AM
Blood rage + Lowlife =' no need for much ats nodes to get 10 aps.
anyway. i flicker with melee splash + multistrike @ 3 mobs.
how does the coc stuff gets calculated?

if they survive this (very unlikely ^^) each mob would get hit 3 times, with one mouseclick.
95% critrate estimated, it would be 8-9 crits with one mouseclick.

flicker isnt bad for coc imo. but with a good flicker build you realy dont need any more damage, thats the "prob" ^^

Last edited by NomadFX on Feb 17, 2014, 8:11:31 AM
"
Heroofexile wrote:

if they survive this (very unlikely ^^) each mob would get hit 3 times, with one mouseclick.

flicker isnt bad for coc imo. but with a good flicker build you realy dont need any more damage, thats the "prob" ^^

It's not so much that flicker is awful for CoC as it is that:

A). Cyclone, Spectral throw, and even Frenzy would make far superior CoC builds. Seriously, +36% attack speed is not enough to justify giving up what these other attacks give( 20%q level 20 frenzy gives 119% IAS as a direct comparison- Cyclone and Spectral Throw both give 100% MORE hits(basically multistrike without having to use a support gem slot))

B). Building AD would make a far superior Fkickerstrike build

And combining flicker/CoC will cause desync like a boss.
Talisman softcore IGN:disappointment
"
Heroofexile wrote:

splash isn't helping at all.

splash makes the hits simultaneously, so due to the 0,01sec intenal cd it can only proc once.

ST, cyclone, barrage, etc all have some time between each hit registers, so they can proc multiple times.

so, with one mouseclick you hit 3 times, all 3 crit (probable cause of 95%) and all of them proc (80%chance for each) then you casts 3 spells/click.

or 30/sec if you have 10aps. but multi is already factored in the aps, so you actually casts 10spells/sec with flicker.

Last edited by shroudb on Feb 17, 2014, 3:48:34 PM
"
shroudb wrote:
splash isn't helping at all.

splash makes the hits simultaneously, so due to the 0,01sec intenal cd it can only proc once.

ST, cyclone, barrage, etc all have some time between each hit registers, so they can proc multiple times.

so, with one mouseclick you hit 3 times, all 3 crit (probable cause of 95%) and all of them proc (80%chance for each) then you casts 3 spells/click.

or 30/sec if you have 10aps. but multi is already factored in the aps, so you actually casts 10spells/sec with flicker.

It gives you more monsters for RNGesus to roll the chance to proc against. And quality melee splash gives 20% increased aoe anyway - not the worst choice if you want to use it with an aoe spell.
Last edited by KG31459 on Feb 17, 2014, 6:27:51 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info