[GTX 680 - Getting massive heatspikes.]

Hey guys.

I own a SLI setup with 2 GTX 680, both of them are water cooled so they stay at around 35-39c on load in every game I throw at it, this is at a resolution @2560x1400.

However, PoE has this nasty ability to make them climb to 48-50 in a few seconds and drop shortly after the effects are gone.

I have alot of issues in Solaris temple when I run around there, might be lighting issues that just spank my cards hardcore, maybe something to do with the way its build up ( your level that is ).

Also, when I use poison arrow, if i fire off 5-6 arrows in a row and stand in the center of it, my temps sky rocket for a few seconds and drop rapidly again when the cloud is gone.

I use the latest drivers from nvidia, I am aware that PoE dont really support SLI, as my other card i only at 22-25% load and the other one sits at around 45-50% load through out the game, however, I did notice that with the poison arrow test, the load leaped to around 80-85% for a few seconds, while the cloud was there, as soon as it lifts, it goes down to a normal load % again.

setup is :

I5-2500k@4.7ghz
2xSLi gtx 680 with Nvidia 310.90 WHQL - I got Adaptive Vsync enabled, nvidia control panel.
16gb ram.
2560x1440 resolution

As I mentioned, I got no issues in other games, at all.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info